18•

September 7, 1558-
Catalina

A month later and everything has changed, my servant Catherine retired from her position to have her child and live a simple life,
My new servant Victoria is loved by all, except Nicolas, he thinks she's up to something as do I,
I and Francis are growing our marriage into something new and beautiful and hopefully, children will come soon!

Seated in our bedroom chamber, Francis, Nicholas, and I are eating bread and soup on a rainy day enjoying the presence of each other,
Nicolas goes on and on about how he is doing so well in his studies.

"I'm proud of your Nicholas!" I say sipping my wine, "I'm happy that you enjoy learning because when I was a child all I wanted to do was play outdoors, " I smile patting Nicholas's head, I hear a knock on the door, and I grant permission for the person to come in, a servant comes in and hands me a letter.

"What is this?" I ask smiling at the servant, "It's a letter from Spain."
My smile leaves my face as I see who it is from and I rip the letter open.

"Dear Catalina,

It is your mother and I bring unfortunate news, I am dying and by the time you are reading this, I already am dead.

I would like to apologize for putting you through so much pain, but now you are free from me and all the troubles I gave you.

And you'll make a great queen because grief and pain makes a person stronger, and do not fret because I am going to be with the man I love, your father Thomas, and I want you to promise that you'll live your life, not in fear, pain or grief but be happy that you get to live another day.

From, Queen Ana of Spain"

As I finish reading the letter tears fall from my eyes and I feel pain in my stomach, my head is pounding and I can't comprehend that my mother is dead, Francis takes the letter out of my hands and the last thing I hear a gasp escape his lips as I faint not feeling or seeing anything.

xxxx
September 8, 1558-

My eyes slowly open and I look around to see that I am in my bedroom chambers, my ladies are all asleep on the floor, I turn to my right to see Francis and Nicholas laying next to me.

I try to sit up but I feel pain in my stomach so I just turn my body Francis and I pat his arm to awaken him, "My love,"
I whisper, he doesn't wake so I try Nicholas, "Nicholas, " I say not whispering this time, and Nicholas begins to wake up.

"Catalina, " Nicholas says rubbing his eyes, "LINA!" He yells and Francis shoots up, "I do not remember what happened, only getting the letter and finding out my mother has died."

"It's been an entire day," Francis says sitting up resting his body on the bed hood, "I cannot sit up, my body is in pain, " I say frowning, Nicholas moves closer to me and cuddles my side, "I thought you were gone lina, " Nicholas sniffs into my gown.

"Hey, " I lift Nicholas's chin to see tears in his eyes, "I promised I would not leave you, Nicholas, and a Queen always keeps her promises."

"We had the physician check you can she said you were just exhausted and nothing more, but she did want to ask you some questions, " Francis says,
"And I would like to speak to her, can you call for her?" I ask.

"Of course, " Francis gets up and goes to the door where three servants and 5 guards are, "My wife needs to speak with the physician, " Francis smiles and walks over to me placing a kiss on my forehead.

Soon enough my ladies wake just about when the physician arrives,
"Hello, " The physician says and I smile, "My stomach, I feel pain every time I try to sit up or move, " I twirling Nicholas's curls on my finger,

"My lady, when was the last time you bled, " the physician blurts out making things even more uncomfortable, "Francis, " I turn my head to look at him, "do you mind leaving the room for a bit, and please take Nicholas with you, " I say softly smiling, Francis nods and gestures for
Nicholas to come, Nicholas kisses my cheek and runs out quickly.

Francis says his goodbyes and leaves to find Nicholas, I turn my attention back to the physician to answer her question, "3 weeks ago, "

The physician nods her head, "And have you had any signs that show that you are with child?"

"I get sick in the mornings, my feet swell up just a bit, and I have a craving for sweets, all sweets, and nothing else, " The physician smiles,
"I am to believe that you are with child, but let me examine you to be sure."

My eyes light up with joy and I look over to my ladies to see them squealing and giggling, "Lina you did it!" Inés happily says, the girls rush over to my side as the physician checks me.

After waiting and praying I finally have what I need and want!
Tears of joy fill my eyes and a just can not stop smiling!

The physician cleans her hands off and I curiously look at her, "so? Tell us!" María shouts excitedly.

All of us look at the physician waiting for her answer.

"I am sure, her Majesty is with child."

xxxx
What's your favorite song or songs?
Mines is another love by Tom Odell

Anyway, what are the opinions on the chapter?