8•

××××

"YOU DID WHAT!"
Nicholas laughs as my mothers remark, I knew she would react this way.

"You are to wed a KING! and have your own children!" My mother paces around the room

"Mother calm down!" I glance at Nicholas "I won't leave him"

My mother stops and looks at Nicholas, "No, I will not accept this we can send him elsewhere"

"Mother! We can't- I can't! I promised him, I can take him back to France and raise him" Nicholas stands next to me shaken.

"Mother, Francis will understand! Why can't you just accept it and move on!" She stops pacing and looks at me, "you will stay for the time you are needed, but I will be sending your ladies away"

"Mother I am almost the Queen of Spain you can't do that!"

"Yet, you are not"
Before I can say anything else, my mother leaves the room, "it's ok if you send me away so you can have children of your own" Nicholas's eyes fill with tears and I kneel to his level.
" I promised you I would keep your safe, I may not know you that well but-"

Nicholas hugs me
"Your mom is pretty scary," he says making me laugh

"Look Nic, can I call you that?"
Nic shakes his head yes

"Nic here's what's going to happen, we are going to stay in Spain for the time being, then travel to France, and im going to wed a king!" 

I take a deep breath, "he is wonderful and so kind"

"I hope he is as kind as you say, Catalina"

I stand up and take Nicolas hand I have no idea if this is the biggest mistake or the greatest thing but I guess I'll find out.

××××

"Are you going to raise him?"
Inés asks me confusedly

"I guess I have to, Im an Avalos I don't break promises" I hug the girls goodbye, "please stay safe, I need to come back to 4 ladies, not 3" we all laugh at my comment, and then the girls hurry into the carriage.

It can't be hard raising a child.

I hear laughter coming from behind me and see my brother playing around with Nicholas, I stroll over to the two, "what are you boys up to?"
"We were just talking "

"Yes sister, I had to find out that you took in this boy just now," my brother Lorenzo says "ha ha, very funny"

"Nic, can you please go inside so I can speak to my brother?"
Nicholas runs off finding something else to do.

"I've decided to raise the child"
He looks at me confusingly, "I don't understand why"

"What?"  He says, "I found him sleeping behind a tree I had to do something!"

This is something I didn't expect Enzo to say, he is the kindest out of us.

"You could just send the boy somewhere else"

"Enzo what has gotten into you? Is it mother or juli?"

"No Lina it's you, you are soon to be queen and I may never sit on that throne once you and Juli have children, you complain about wedding Francis but the truth is you are just frightened!"

I hit my brother in the arm

"You don't mean that!"

"No, I do im tired of everyone complaining
when I am only a boy and to wed a person I hardly know!" My brother walks away furiously.

"This is why I never come home."
I walk off to find Nicolas.

××××

Word count: 628

I feel as though my chapters are getting shorter and shorter,
And yes Enzo is named after a tvd character and he is 10 and soon to be wed- do I care? Not really!
iykyk pov from one of Linas ladies next chapter!
:)