22•

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
An unwanted encounter and a much-needed one.

××××

September 30th, 1558
Catalina

____

I AND my ladies spent night and day together, talking about my unborn child, planning revenge, fighting over gowns.

You know, the usual.

Well, today Henry and Catherine were hosting a big feast, French lords and Knights will be attending, Spanish men will also be joining and I think it will be a chance for me to take my mind off of everything else and just step away for one night.

Looking out the window watching the rain finish its journey ending with wet grass and a cloudy sky.

Victoria tightens my corset making me wince in pain.

"Not too tight if you do not seek to kill my child!" I hiss frustratedly, my mind is just scrambled with everything that goes wrong in my life.

As much as I try to push my feelings and thoughts away it is rather hard when I have a constant reminder of Francis growing in my belly. No, I do not blame my child, I thank she/he actually, they are the only thing keeping me from killing Francis with my bare hands.

"I'm sorry your Majesty but you can't fit into most of your gowns, your belly grows constantly, and my fingers hurt!" Victoria exclaims angrily.

Stunned by her even having that tone with me I take a step away from the heated servant.

"Calm yourself, " I say folding my arms across my chest, "just have my gens sent to the tailors and have them altered to fit my body," I explain.

Victoria nods and gestures for me to come closer so she can finish.

"What if you didn't wear a corset tonight?" Victoria suggests making me chuckle.

"You can't be serious, I need my corset," I snort letting my hands fall from my chest.

"But it would let you breathe freely without pain in your back and you could actually dance for more than ten minutes before saying your stomach is in pain," Victoria explains in a quick tone.

"No pain in my back or stomach?" I ask with a slight head tilt. Victoria instantly nods her head, "None at all your Majesty," she reassures me.

"If I end up looking foolish then you will be the one with back pain Victoria," I warn her.

××××

As I walk into the crowded throne room with my ladies not too far behind my presence is instantly announced.

The crowd stops what they are doing to bow to me and as soon as that is over the music continues.

I walk over to the two large thrones that Catherine and Henry it upon.

My ladies have vanished to go seek for suitors leaving me to handle the French royals on my own.