17•

August 1558-

Catalina

I watch Charles and Nicholas play with wooden swords just as my servant Catherine comes up to me,
"Princess." She quickly bows, "It's a beautiful day, Nicholas has not woken from his sleep in a month, Francis and I are happy!" I smile and chuckle a bit.

"How may I help you, Catherine?"
I smile looking at her, "Victoria has arrived!" Catherine excitedly says, I soon remember about the new servant I soon get happy and jump up from my seat and turn to the boys, "Charles! Nicholas! Come on, time to head inside!" I clap my hands together as the boys run over leaving their wooden swords on the grass.

Nicholas tugs on my gown making me look towards him, "Yes, my sweet boy?" I smile cheerfully, "Can me and Charles eat some pastries before going to our Greek lessons?" Nicholas pouts, I pat his head and grin, "Of course!"

I turn to look at Catherine happy, "Lead the way, my fair lady!" I laugh as Catherine walks off, I and the boys following not too far behind.

xxxx

Before going to the throne room to greet my new servant I ask Catherine to take the boys to the kitchen to get treats.

As I enter the throne room I look to my left and see King Henry and María Arguing and to my left, I see Victoria, Catherine, and Francis chatting,
I put a smile on my face and make my way over to them, "Francis!" I say smiling happily at my husband.

"Hello my love, I've met your new servant and she is just radiant!"
Francis says looking at Victoria,
I'd be a liar if a didn't say she wasn't beautiful in person, with fair skin, curly hair, and she surely isn't as tall as she was in her portrait!

I rub my hands together and take a deep breath in, "Yes Francis, she is truly fascinating."

"We should get you set up in some chambers Victoria!" Catherine says grinning happily like she has found the solution to all her problems,
"That would be lovely, I've had a long trip over, and I need to rest for a bit, " Victoria says making me go into a fit of laughter.

"I'm sorry Victoria but if you're going to be my servant then you'll need to be on your feet all the time!" I say laughing but Victoria starts to cry, "I'm s-sorry i-i- just wanted t- " Victoria stutters and stumbles over her words.

"I was just teasing, you can rest as long as you like. I know your journey was long!" I say rubbing her arm softly, "Thank you, Catalina!" Victoria says cheerfully, "It's your grace-" I correct her being serious this time.

"I'm sorry, your grace," Victoria says bowing then leaving the room.

"Well, you were harsh on her!" Catherine says frowning at me, "I do not see how, I was just correcting her on the mistake she made, "

"It was a bit harsh, " Francis says, "Francis!" I turn my head to look at him sternly, "are you taking her side?" I raise my eyebrows, "I rather take no sides so I'll just leave now, " Francis places a kiss on my cheek and he leaves the throne room.

"You're scared, " Catherine says making me turn my attention to her, "I don't get scared Catherine, even you should know that," I say leaving the throne room because I can't stand to be near her any longer!

She's up to something, something big but I just don't know what the big thing is, but I'll surely find out.

xxxx
Short filler chapter, nothing big except Catherine trying to ruin Lina's marriage :)