7•

𝘊𝘢𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘢

FOR MANY years I've always thought that it would always be the four of us, fighting battles, traveling, even getting married.

And in some way, I still believe that.

When you are only just a child with no worries you think about all the things you'll be when you come of age.

Not for me, I was raised knowing that I'd be queen nothing more or less.
With my brother's death and planning a wedding I've taken time to look at my life and wonder where it's going.

I like Francis but love? No.
He is everything I could want in a husband but I will always have my doubts, wondering if he loves Mary.

Wondering if he is going to turn out exactly like his father and take a mistress.

I guess I'll find out when we are wedded.

I've adjusted to my mother only having 3 children now that my brother is gone.

I've been in Spain for a whole week now, my mother is practically begging me to return to France and wed Francis but truth being in rather scared to, I never really wanted to marry anyone.

××××

I walk around far from the castle admiring the trees, I have to admit that Spain is a beautiful country.

Suddenly I hear something coming from behind a tree, I slowly walk over only to find a scrawny boy resting.

Confused why the young boy is sleeping behind I tree I kneel to his level and lightly pat the boy.
Unexpectedly his eyes flutter open surprising me a bit.
The boy sits up scared out of his mind.
"Do you speak English?"
The young boy softly nods his head, "why were you sleeping behind a tree?"

The question had shaken him a bit I could tell by the way his face changed "I from England, mama, and papa and me were on trip, men came and hurt them, mama told me to run"
By the time the boy finished talking tears were in his eyes and he was shivering.

"well my name is Catalina, and Im the princess of Spain"
His eyes widen and the boy instantly stands up and bows to me, "what's your name? How old are you?"
The boy holds up eight fingers
"My name is Nicolas"

He is near my brother's age and all alone, "when was the last time you ate?" I stand up and dust off my dress.

"Before I came here, my mother told me to wait till we arrived to eat"
"Are you hungry? I can get you food"
He smiles and shakes his head fast
"Oh please!" I extend my hand and he takes it we walk back to the castle chatting up a storm.

××××

"Do you have any family you can stay with?"
I ask Nicolas, he looks up from his pottage "no, my mama ran from her home at a young age then met my father who was a stable boy"
"Well I have to find you somewhere to go" he tilts his head slightly,
"why can I stay with you?"

"Well because actually" I pause and think about it "I guess you can stay with me! Sure my mother would mind but you're a young boy what harm can you bring to me?"
Nicolas leaps from his seat and hugs me, "Oh thank you, princess Catalina! I promise I'll never ask for much!"

"settle down Nicholas, I promise I'll keep you safe! But have something to tell you..." He lets go of me and sits back down, "what is it?" He worriedly asks.

"Well, we won't be staying in Spain"
"Why not?"
I take a deep breath in, "well as I am the princess of Spain I am also betrothed to the Prince of France"

"You're a very powerful person!"
He exclaims, "I try to be, finish up your pottage I want to introduce you to my mother."

××××
Word Count: 714
( that's low)

Out of nowhere, I decided to write and this is where that led me
I don't know if this is good or not but it's a chapter leading closer to Francis and Catalina falling in looovee!
lol, but PlEaSe give your opinions in the comments :)

J.S
××××

Ty for 300 reads it means a lot to me🥺❤