16•

Catalina- 1558, still in the month of July

After the incident with the servant, Nicholas hasn't left my side, he sleeps in my old bed chambers that are close to my new one's with Francis and sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night screaming.

He is scared she'll come back but I made sure she was executed.
I did not think I would feel so hurt if someone was to hurt Nicholas, at least not enough to have them executed but I must protect the people I love, no matter how many people have to die for that to happen.

I sit on the grass with Francis's head in my lad as he reads poems to me,
"When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew," Francis says finishing the poem he was reading, "It's beautiful my love..." I sadly say, Francis sits up and looks at me confused.

"What bothers my dearest wife?" Francis says tucking a hair behind my ear, tears fall down my cheeks and Francis is quick to wipe them away,
"I am still not with child, " I look towards the pond where I and Francis first kissed, having an heir is most important for Spain and France, it's more difficult for France because only males can ascend the throne.

"If I cannot bear any children everything will fall apart!" I sob out,
Francis pulls me into a hug and kisses my head, "We will have many children Lina, give it time."
I look up and see Catherine, my servant rushing over.

"Catherine slow down!" Catherine bows to me and Francis in a rush,
"P-princess, m-" Catherine slows down to catch her breath, "Now tell me what's wrong." I lift my head and take a deep breath in.
"María- she is ill." My eyes widen and I quickly stand and rush to find María.

xxxx
I dash into María's bedroom chambers to see her over the pot throwing up, "María?" I walk closer to her and kneel down to her level and rub her back, "María what is going on?" I confusingly ask, "Im so sorry Lina." I tilt my head at her words confused and worried at the same time, "María you can tell me anything!" I smile and continue to rub her back.

"I'm with child." Suddenly my world stops at those three words, everyone is having children but me, why must I sit through this pain? Why must I sit and watch everyone else have children? Why me.

I weakly smile, "Who is the father?"
I fix my posture and hold my head high, "King Henry." My jaw hangs and my eyes widen and I stand up quickly,
"So you're the mistress the entire court speaks of?"

Before I know it I burst into laughter,
"María you surprise me more and more every day!" I continue to laugh and María just stares at me with a sad expression, "Lina! It's not funny!" She giggles "Then why do you laugh?" I say wiping my eyes that are now filled with happy tears.

María soon joins in with laughs and giggles and we sit there for the next 10 minutes laughing and talking.

xxxx
After sending María back to her chambers I walk around for a while until I reach the royal nursery and I slowly walk inside and look to see a sleeping Francis, Duke of Anjou Catherine and Henry's youngest son
He is a tiny four-year-old with dark brown hair.

I brush his hair and tears fall down my eyes and I let out a soft sob and quickly get out of the room before I wake the babe.
I walk into my chambers and onto the terrace, I let all my emotions out and I start to sob and cry.

"Oh please God grant me a child that I can love and cherish, please!" I sob out.

xxxx
This is so tragic and unfortunate
But I love the show magnificent century 😗✌

Icecreamchilatotheicecreamchila