26•

______________

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Find your peace.

××××

Catalina

_____

I WATCH AS servants hurry around trying to make everything perfect. Making sure every little banner and hanged correctly and all the furniture is dusted to perfection.

Few days have passed and just as the plan was about to take its last step the king surprisingly gained his wits back and the plan was to be pushed back until he realizes that he is the king of France and not Hungary.

The downfall to Henry getting his mind back together is that he thought he was the King of Hungary and he wanted to "attack" France for some silly reason.

Yet no one stopped him or his battle plans. Everyone just fed off of this terrible state of mind to benefit themselves.

It is truly disturbing.

The King even tried to parade the twins around the castle instead of his own children who are still little babes and it was rather bothering.

The King had insisted on taking Thomas on long rides around the forest all day long under the sun.
Francis had tried to protest but the King went crazy every time and threatened to kill everyone near him.

The children would cry because of the heat but the king didn't care, he would still take them out and just leave them there in pain.

Everyone was too afraid to approach the king on the matter because he seemed to be enjoying it all but I personally had enough of it children suffering.

So I did what a mother and queen should do when her children are in danger.

I did something so foolish and cruel that even I couldn't and would never forgive myself for.

It was midnight and I had called my ladies and Victoria into my chambers and I made sure that no one, not even the men I am supposed to keep posted at my door.

Susana had done as told and got what I needed from Nostradamus for the plan to work.

It was dark out and the moon was shining bright that night as almost everyone in the palace was sleeping peacefully.

Francis had moved back into my chambers after we reconnected with one another but I had known that if I wanted my plan to succeed that he would have to have no involvement with the whole thing.

I pace the secret hall that was made many moons ago as a passage for a quick escape. I had been waiting for the rest of my ladies to arrive so we could get this done and over with.

I heard the sound of footsteps getting closer and closer that first scared me a bit in fear that I had been caught but it had only been my ladies hurrying to get here.

"Your grace, " my ladies said while doing a curtsy.

Flashing a weak smile Catalina clasps her hands behind her back. "Do you have it, Susanna?" She had asked sounding a bit nervous.