3•poison

Pic of Catalina meeting Mary :)

Catalina's pov
|-|

Me and Francis decided to take a stroll through the royal garden early in the day, just talking and enjoying time together, up until he comes to a halt.
He grabs arm pulling me back to him.

"Yes, my love?" I look at him and he just looks down at his boots, "Catalina, I've been keeping something from you..." My eyes widen just at the mention of a secret.

"Oh"  that's all that comes out of my mouth is oh I'm just stuck there with my eyes widened.

"Oh no Catalina, it's just-" He stops mid-sentence and grabs my hands and looks me in the eyes, "Mary is coming to court"

those 5 words ran through my head the whole day, my fiance's ex-fiance is coming to stay with us.

|•|

After Francis told me that I quickly left to go write to my sister and tell her about my time here.

Dear sister,

My time here has been so extraordinary and different from home, me and the prince finally kissed! It felt like true love. But I mustn't get my hopes up because Queen mary is coming to court soon, I've heard rumors of her and her family... I'm honestly hoping she isn't here to ruin things.

But for now, I must grow closer to Francis.

So, please write back when you can. I want to hear all about your husband.

Yours truly,

Princess Catalina

I ask my maid to send the letter to my sister as soon as possible.

I wander the halls for a bit with my ladies until I hear a women's voice talking and I peek around the hall and I see Francis and Mary with her ladies chatting, so, of course, I decided to break up the fun.

I look back at my ladies and smirk and they understand me completely!
María, inés, and Clara clap loud enough for them to hear and Mary's ladies turn their heads to us and they bow making Francis and mary turn their heads too.

" Her Majesty, Princess Catalina,"  Susana says while trying to stop herself from laughing.

I walk gracefully over to Francis side planting a kiss on his cheek then quickly bowing to mary.

"Queen Mary I hadn't known you'd had arrived, I would have at least welcome to court!" I smile at her then wrap a hand around Francis's arm.

Mary looks back at her ladies with and an annoyed look on her face and then looks back at me.