Chapter Eighteen

Mystique POV

You have reached the voicemail box of --

I sighed hanging up the phone. Yet again another unanswered call, I've lost count his much time I've called now.

Anger, confusion and disappointment were the main emotions I'm feeling right now. I've been calling and texting Alex since morning and he's yet to answer. I understand we didn't go on the date last night but to ignore my thousand of calls and texts is just straight up childish.

Sigh,he knows communication is big thing for me, if he's upset all he has to do is answer the phone and let us talk it out. I'm sure if he heard my side he would understand.

God why did I agree to this relationship again!?. Not even a week in and I'm already being stressed out .

I got up out of the bed and went in the bathroom to brush my teeth, looking in the mirror I got angry at Alex all over again, because of his immature ways I didn't get enough sleep and now I had dark circles under my eyes and looked dead. My anger instantly went thou because I was kinda missing him.

I took a shower then put on a pants and shirt with my air forces, not even forgetting my phone like last time. I ran downstairs to eat before I head out.

"Mom, dad" I said going to grab my favorite cereal, frosted flakes. I grabbed a bowl and milk then sat down to eat.

"You ave no plan fi todeh?(you have any plans for today?)", mom asked

"Yes , I'm going to visit.....a friend" I said

"Oh, who is she?" Dad asked.

Just automatically assuming its a girl I see.

"Alexian, she's in my English class. Have a little discussing to do with her"

"Maybe yuh can bring har ova some time(maybe you can bring her over sometime )" mom suggested.

No thank. Firstly its a he and knowing them we'd move the next day and I just cannot bother to befriend a girl just to bring over .

"Her parents are strict, they won't allow it." I said

"We can --"

"Ok so see you guys later byeeee" I said running outside before dad could even finish. I know where that was heading .

I got on my bike heading to Alex's house, good thing  remembered where. I'm still angry and confused about Alex's behaviour. I tried remembering everything I did and I don't see where I went wrong. Sure I didn't tell him I couldn't make it but I never thought he would be this ........childish about it.

Not answering his phone and ignoring my texts.....really??

A couple minutes later I reached and parked my bike on the sidewalk. I wasn't planning on staying long. Just hope the parents left or something.

I went up and rung the doorbell and heard a woman says she's coming. Guess I'll be meeting the parents after all....great!.

After a couple minutes a woman, I'm guessing his mother opened the door. She was wearing a jeans pants and a mini blouse. I was expecting a smile or something but she just looked at me all serious, its obvious who has the last say in this house. Just by her stance and overall expression I know she's not the type to submit.

"Yes?" She said raising her eyebrow looking at me from head to toe.
As if she'll scare me.

"Is Alex home?"

"And you are I'm guessing another one of his one night stands ?, look he doesn't do--"

"I'm his girlfriend " I said actually annoyed at this point.

Not a second later she starts full blown laughing in my face , leaning on the door and holding her stomach.

"Now that's different , but I don't have all day . what do you want girl?" She said serious again

Before I could answer I saw a man come around the corner with a collar on his neck and looking like he just got up. He rubbed his eyes and laying on the woman completely with his head on her shoulder. She placed her arms around and smoked down at him.

"What is it bud?" She said then kissed his forehead.

"I didn't see you beside me when I got up and so I came looking for you cause you know I can't start my day without getting cuddles and kisses from you" he said.

I don't think he noticed me, I feel like I'm third Wheeling here.

"I'll be up in a minute just dealing with Alex's problem again" she sighed looking at me, her smoke immediately gone.

"Look I don't want to talk to you as much as you don't want to talk to me but I just want to know if Alex is here. We were suppose to go on a date and --"

"Honey this must be the girl, you know the one responsible for Alex's smile lately " the man said excitedly .

"Oh, well he didn't seem so happy last night, in fact he cried the whole night not even letting me see him. My little boy." She said angrily .

"If you would just let me talk to him--"

"I think not, you may go" she said then closed the door in my face.

Well f*ck you too.

You know what if Alex doesn't want to hear my side of the story then he too can go to hell. In a relationship communication is key and before coming to a conclusion both sides must be heard.

If he would have picked up the phone I would have good him that after I was getting ready Damon called and said his arranged wife beat him, bruising his face because she was drunk. He called me in tears and begged me to meet him at the cafe and that his parents didn't say a thing because when he marries her they'll be even richer .

I was in such a rush that I ran leave my phone on the charger and went to meet him at the cafe. He's my friend after all and if it was one of Alex's friend i would have told him to cancel and go comfort his friend.

I reached the cafe before him and when he reached and sat across from in a hoodie I got sadder thinking his face was that messed up and when he finally felt comfortable to pull down the hood I literally cried.

His left eye was swollen and slightly red and the other side looked like a cat went mad on it. I was so sad and angry.

It was after I calmed down I realised I didn't call Alex and saw that I left my phone in the hurry. Damon didn't have his as he said he was sneaking out and didn't have time to take anything beside his keys that was in his room. The woman smashed his phone anyways.

When I got home I saw the missed calls from Alex and tried calling back but no answer and now I'm here.

I got on my bike and rode back home. Guess I'll see him at school tomorrow .

I knoooowwww I took forever. I'm sooorrryyyyy😭😖

But now you've heard mystique POV......she's still in the dog house or nah???

How was y'all Christmas? Fun??

I ate alooottttttt🙃

Oh and merry late Christmas and happy boxing day.!!

Like the new cover ??

Like

Comment

Share

Follow

Until next time my babies

Byeeeee