Chapter 2

The bell rang signalling the end of school and I quickly gathered my things heading to my locker. I took out my physics and chemistry books as those are the only subjects that I have homework in. I'll just write my English notes off my phone over the weekend.

"Hey Mystique"

"Hey Damon"

"Sooo, what do you think about the school so far?, how's your first day been?"

"Well the school's kinda cool and all but I expected my first day would have been more exciting you know"

"Are you like joking with me right now? Tell me your joking?" He said in shock

I looked at him like he's stupid. I don't joke, I thought he'd pick that up about me by now.

"Oh my god! You're serious. I thought having to almost fight the most popular girl in school was enough excitement for you, but I guess it wasn't." He said

"I've been through worst at my old schools, this is no biggy" I shrugged.

"Are you like a victim of bullying? because if you are I can totally help you out, I mean I may not look all strong and such but I can pack a - "

"Damon" I said stopping his rambling. "I'm the last person you should worry about being bullied, I assure I can take care of myself" I said closing my locker and started heading to the school doors.

"Ok if you say so" he said following.

We reached outside and I walked towards my bike. "Sweet ride" Damon said.

"I know right. I got this baby for my 17th birthday this year, loved it the minute I saw it" I said kissing the front.

"Damn, I wish my parents would buy me my own ride, but alas, they still treat me as a kid" we turned around hearing a horn blow.

"And that's my cue to go now, but before I go can i get your number? It's just that you're my only friend so far and I get bored at home being an only child. So I thought it would be cool if we can text and so fort, but a mean if you don't want to, that's com- "

"Damon shut the hell up and give me your phone" I swear this guy can talk a lot when he's ready, like damn.

"Ok" he said blushing from embarrassment, I'm guessing.

Cute.

We exchanged numbers then went our separate ways.

*************

Reaching home I parked my bike in the garage then went inside.

"Honey I'm hooommee" I sang while taking off my shoes and heading towards the living room, where I saw my father watching basketball.

"Isn't that my line?" My father laughed while raising one his eyebrows.

"Eh" I shrugged. I ran up to my room to take a bathe and start my homework while listening to some rap music.

I don't know but I just loooove rap music. Yeah I listen to other music like R&B and dancehall (my mother side of family are Jamaicans but my father side of family isn't), but there's just something about rap music, it just connects to me differently than the other type of music. I guess it's just one of the things that add to my 'badass' attitude as my mother would like to call it.

"Mystique di food dun, cum eat" my mom shouted. Oh yea, I forget to mention that my mom from time to time slips and speaks in creole or as dad calls it ' Jamaican English'. Even thou her father is a white american and she was born in the US, she mostly speaks creole as most of her childhood was spent in Jamaica and its when she was a teenager and her mom died, her father brought her to live in the US with him.