Chapter Five

When I reached home I quickly washed up and then went to the dinner table to join my parents for dinner. Can't wait to tell them the good news!.

We said grace then dug in. I started making small talk before I drop the big news.

"So dad how's working at the hospital going so far?, made any friends, foes, crushes?" On that note my father choked on his chicken and mom on her rice.

"Oh my god!, no, I mean I don't know, I really haven't spoken to anyone aside from the man they gave me as a partner, but maybe I think two or three nurses were coming on to me and even offered their numbers many times" dad said while sending me a secret wink when he's done.

Judging by the look on mom's face, we accomplished our goal. You see at dinner times dad and i tend to prank mom. Just watch.

"Isaac I swear to god if I so much as SEE one of those nurses near you or even text you, not only will i introduce their face to my fist and choke them with their last century wigs but I WILL tie you down to our bed and show you just who you belong to, got that?"

Dad nod his head while trying to not laugh, while I was to stuffing my face as to not laugh but then dad couldn't hold it in and laughed which caused me to laugh and also choke, BADLY. Mom rushed and patted my back while dad gave me some water to drink. You now see where I get my dominating aura from.

"Ok, ok I'm alright now. But that was fun, mom you look liked you were ready to quit your job as financial advisor and go and be a fulltime spy on dad." Dad and I were still laughing but when we looked at mom's face we immediately stopped and started to eat again.

"If that's what it would take to ensure both him and those nurses stay in line then you better believe I would" mom said looking a little calmer.

"Anyways guys I have good news, you won't believe it but-"

"You finally move from a B+ to A+?" Mom said

"What?, just-"

"You finally joined the football team?" Dad said

"If you would just -"

"Please don't tell me you really joined that dreadful team?, yuh a likkle gurl not a bwoy(you are a little girl not a boy)" mom said

"Honey please, football isn't only for boys, girls play too. I can't really think of any sports that men play that girls can't play also" dad said

"Greg -"

"Mom, dad listen please!" They quieted down so I continued. "I'm not apart of the football team neither have my grades improved, I was going to say that I think I'm finally going to be the person I used to be, the one that's always laughing and smiling, maybe not now but I've seen improvements, so maybe soon" I said excitedly. You may wonder why this is such a big deal. But if you lived everyday of your life just going through the days, doing the same things, because there's no happiness the only thing left to feel is sadness. Quiet frankly I'm tiredly of feeling sad, tiredly of feeling like I've lost my purpose. Tired of seeing the pitiful looks on my parents face, so the fact that I felt something other than sadness is great news for us all and I really don't want to be sent back to the therapist. I hate that woman.

"Oh that's great news Mystique, after all this time, finally I get my jolly baby back" mom said reaching cross the table holding my hand.

"What brought this on Mystique?" Dad said

"Well I made this friend at school and as a joke I slapped hi-, her on her butt and ran" I really hoped they didn't notice my little slip up.

"Oh" mom said looking at dad worriedly.