Chapter 14: Magnets Attract

She tried to use the little energy she had left for her sister.

*Weiss's POV*

Blake had done talking to her and she looked at the nearest clock she could find, '5:46.' Still drunk and worn out, Weiss walked over to the other girl and pat her head,

"Bwake, ish home time..." Weiss frowned and formed puppy eyes.

"Yes, yes. Nothing happened tonight, okay?" Blake nodded and linked her yellow eyes with Weiss's blue.

"Yup!" Weiss smiled and held her hand, making a thumbs up. The girl stumbled a bit, and fainted. Luckily enough for the drunk teen, Blake was there to catch her. The black hair lifted the unconscious girl over her shoulder and started her way over to the dormitories. Blake had to be cautious with her grip on Weiss, which she was, within every few steps she looked to check on the girl and occasionally smiled at her cute face.

Around 15 minutes passed and the two girls eventually made it to their dorms. Once they stopped by their door, Blake checked her pockets. The girl gradually became more worried within each second and she had a mini heart-attack once she realized... she forgot her keys on her way out for Weiss. Blake got the other girl off of her shoulder and into her arms as she sat and waited, minutes at a time.

*Ruby's POV*

The pair had just gotten their food and were on their way back.

"Hey. You feeling any better?" Yang tried to break the awkward silence and pat Ruby on the head.

"Well, I guess?" Ruby sighed and crossed her arms, "I don't know Yang. Lots of stuff all at the same time and things get..."

"Crazy, huh?"

"Yeah." Ruby replied in a quite tired tone, and the atmosphere when silence once again. The two walked on for about 15 minutes and stopped outside the buildings. "You think Weiss is safe?"

"I'm sure she is, she's a fighter just like you." Yang smiled and rubbed the little red's hair. The two entered and made their way up a few floors by foot, each step was painful because of the long journey and that was merely an add up to Ruby's problems. 2 floors passed and Ruby felt like she was going to collapse, the girl grabbed onto her sister and whined,

"Wait, teensy break?"

"Okay, But there's only one floor left. We're nearly there anyway."

"A-alrighty... a-ah, I can barely step anymore haha." Ruby giggled, and sounded quite worn out, which she was at the moment. The two slowly started walking once again and had finally made it. Ruby fell in her knees, looking at the ground when she did.

"Ruby, look." Yang pointed, although her sister couldn't see her hand from where she was looking.

"W-wai... just a mo-" Ruby looked up and completely froze, "B-Blake... was she okay?" After a few seconds, the red girl dashed over and picked Weiss up for herself and smiled, "just like old times, huh?"

Appearing to have recognized both the voice and scent, Weiss slowly opened her eyes, although she was still a tiny bit tipsy.

"Ruby, how did I get here?" Weiss groaned and hugged Ruby as a replacement for her plushy. The red girl didn't reply, and instead, looked up at Blake and gave her a nod. The girl, still being held by Ruby, looked over and widened her eyes. "You? Of all people, it was you?"

"I don't see much gratitude, what did I do?" Blake smiled and joked around.

"Oh, come on Weiss. You reek of alcohol, who else would've taken you back while you were drunk?" Ruby stated and interlocked her eyes with a bright ocean-like blue pair. Ruby hadn't had the time to truly admire Weiss's eyes and it was only now she felt like she missed out on all the times they were together. Weiss rolled her eyes away from the new lecturer and frowned,

"I can walk now, no need to baby me. You're the one who's two years younger after all..." the white-haired girl turned her body to get off Ruby but was abruptly stopped by a tight grip.

"Can we stay like this for a bit?"