Chapter 30

"Ruby, where are you going?" Yang turned to her sister and sat up. Ruby didn't look back or even pause, she continued on and walked out the door in silence. As the girl walked through the long corridors, loud and speedy footsteps followed far behind.

"Ruby!" A feminine voice called out to her and she stopped, "Just...where are you...g-going?" Weiss panted heavily.

Ruby turned to make eyes contact with the other and smiled, shortly before turning back around and running away.

A few minutes of her rapid pace had passed and the little red was by the streets at this point, not too far from Blake. She paused and turned to a brick wall, break down slowly and painfully. She wanted answers, she didn't know what could've happened. Judging by how the bowed girl had gone out without a word made her ponder how bad it could've been.

After realizing what she was out for, the teary child rubbed her eyes and walked on. She came across a pub, although it was unfamiliar, she was certain that Blake would be in. Ruby opened the door and looked around the crowded area. After a few seconds she spotted a drunk Faunus and her eyes widened. Although the girl hadn't known Blake was a cat, she found something even more important.

"Hey. Back up foxy." Ruby stomped over and stood between the two, glaring the boy in the eyes, "she's too drunk to be with strangers, drunk enough to be taken advantage of."

"U-Uh, you know her kitty cat?" The bartender leaned to the side of the red and looked at the other girl.

"Wubyyyy!" Blake grinned widely and hugged the girl from behind.

"You left without a word, Blakey..." Ruby raised a brow and turned herself around.

"You scared for me?" The cat teased and pat her on the head.

"Yes. I was." The little red frowned and turned to the other guy and gestured for him to shoo away.

"U-urm... okay... bye then..." the bartender gave an awkward smile and inches away slowly back to the counter.

"I think I'm ready to go home, hehe~" Blake smiled and stood up, instantly stumbling back down to her chair.

"So now I'm taking your role? You should've called someone to accompany you!" Ruby flicked the girl's head and pouted. The cat scratched her ears and looked away from the red, "Well. Lucky I'm here." Ruby gave a thumbs up and quickly took Blake into her arms.

"G-gah!" The kitty got startled at the sudden movement but quickly adjusted to what was going on, "I'm sorry, won't do it again ma'am."

Ruby smiled and started walking down, but instead of going the usual route, she went the opposite way. The tipsy cat was too drunk to acknowledge where they were going but soon squinted in unfamiliarity of the surrounding environment.

"Ruby, are you going the right way?"

"Nope."

"A-ah, I see."

The two entered an awkward and stiff silence, Blake stared at Ruby's stern look in confusion. In a matter of time, the two had made it down to a park. The atmosphere was soothing, with the streetlights serving a different feel to the area. The grass was colored brightly, enough to be seen even in the slight darkness. The two sat at a bench on the side of a path, pink blossom trees opposed their seats.

"I need to so something." Ruby remained facing the trees with a tired look.

"Mhm?"

"Yesterday." Ruby paused and turned toward the cat, an unusual and serious look covered the young girl, "What happened to Weiss?"

Blake hesitated for a short while and opened her mouth-

*bzzt, bzzt*

Ruby picked up her scroll and opened it up, 'My Love~! - Weissy <3'
Just one glance at the name and the girl declined the call with no hesitation.

"Do they not know we're here?" Blake placed her hand on Ruby's shoulder, "I think we sh-"

"You need to answer." Ruby looked down at the floor, her innocent eyes slowly watering up.

"A-ah... she just got drunk!" The black-haired girl retreated her hand and clenched her fist.

"I know that's not all B-Blakey..." The young red rubbed her eyes and her silver quickly made contact with yellow.

Blake looked away, fidgeting her fingers around.

"Fine. Let's go back." Ruby stood and gestured for Blake to hold onto her, the girl smiled.

"I think I might be able to walk. Thanks." The drunk girl stood, and stumbled. She maintained her balance and started to walk ahead of the other.

Little Red turned and followed close behind, keeping her eyes on the tipsy kitten. The two walked through the quiet, dark streets in silence.

Blake turned around and her ears flopped down, "I'm sorry Ruby." The cat looked at the girl and slightly frowned, collapsing down to the floor.

"B-Blakey?" Ruby rushed down to the faunus and shook her gently, she looked up at her ears and tilted her head. There was something missing.

The red girl shifted her cloak around and ripped the edge, forming a small ribbon. She tied the bow around Blake's ears and sighed, although it was very noticeable and wasn't even her color, Weiss and Yang hadn't been informed about Blake's identity.

Ruby took Blake in her arms in some sort of princess carry, ensuring she was in sight just in case anything happened. She made her way back to the dorms quickly and carefully, slightly exhausted - she hadn't done anything like this before. As she made her way to the door, she realized she didn't have the keycard or her scroll out and her hands were full. Ruby moved Blake, carrying her now like a baby with the kitten's arms draped around her shoulders. The red took her scroll and called Yang, informing her that she was just outside with Blake. The door clicked and soon it opened, revealing the yellow/white duo standing there worried.

"Did she drink too?" Yang stepped closer and felt the dark-haired girl's face in concern.

"Yeah, she could barely walk!" The red raised her eyebrows in slight frustration at the cat's reckless decisions. She proceeded to walk inside, catching a small glimpse of Weiss's face of envy and irritation.

Ruby somehow placed the girl on her high bed and sighed in exhaustion, "I'll take care of her."

"Ruby, I can instead?" Yang sat on her own bed and scratched her head.

"It's okay, I'm already up anyway." Ruby waved her hand, assuring the blonde that she will be fine. A few minutes had passed and there was no sign of movement from the duo on the top bed. Weiss stood and climbed one step onto the bunk to check on the two and stopped once they were in sight and made a jealous face. Blake and Ruby slept like children, side by side with the red hugging the other from close behind.

Weiss dropped down and sat on her bed again, staring at the floor.

"Jealous?"

Weiss scoffed and rolled her eyes, "Why would I be?"

"It's obvious. You can't even hide it anymore. You talked to me yesterday." Yang laughed and placed her hand on her forehead, "Ruby still loves you, y'know?"