58. The Battle- Part 4

As we entered the compound we saw a dark hallway with doors leading off in different directions. We sent a newborn down each hallway as me and the kings with the elite guard following us. Bella and Josh were taking up the rear shielding us both physically and mentally. We kept walking forward with Demetri and Felix in the lead. We walked through an archway before Felix suddenly was pushed to the side by a werewolf who was on top of him snapping his teeth very close to his face. Luckily Felix had a good grip and the wolf wouldn't be able to inject any deadly Venom. I was immediately creating vines to subdue the wolf. Before I could get anywhere my vines were suddenly set on fire. I turned quickly to see Benjamin standing in front of the Romanians who sat on their thrones. There were at least 15 newborns guarding them.

My and my mates growled before Jane used her power on the wolf long enough for Felix to knock it to the side and join back within our formation. I would have tried to talk to them but I'm not deluded enough to think they aren't under Stefan's ability. I immediately just sent my earthquake abilities straight to him. He countered it but I could tell I was stronger. "Well thank you for walking right in the door. Stefan brother, why don't you make the Italian Scum follow us" Vladimir said, looking to Stefan. Stefan immediately started us in the eye trying to make us loyal but with Bella here it would mean nothing. I laughed when he realized his ability didn't work. His face is fucking hilarious.

They glare at us before sending the newborns to attack us. I was shattering vampires left and right but my main focus was Benjamin as I was the only match for him. He kept trying to throw water or fire even ice at me but I would just deflect it onto an unsuspecting newborn. Eventually I reached him and with my added newborn strength easily took his head from his body. He seemed to rely on his ability instead of actual combat skills. After I had pulled his head from his body I glanced at Vladimir and Stefan only to suddenly have all my loyalties shift except my mate bond, that loyalty can never be broken. I suddenly stood up and looked around very calm and composed. I saw everyone doing the same.

Bella had been standing back and protecting people as she could but was more focused on keeping her shield up so no one would have their loyalties shifted. She could feel Stefan's ability trying to infect people but she wouldn't let it. What she didn't see was a woman made of shadows coming out of the wall she had put her back to for safety thinking no one would be able to attack her from behind so he only had to focus on her front. The woman had long black hair that dripped shadows (think somewhere between maleficent and the ring) she reached out her arms from behind Bella and tore her head from her body effortlessly. She picked up the head and tossed it directly into the fire pit that was on each side of the thrones. She had successfully killed the shield protecting everyone from her masters abilities even if she was under influence of those abilities herself.

Suddenly every single person in the compound was under Stefan's ability since he had been challenging Bella's shield with so much energy. When the shield suddenly stopped there was so much energy let out every single volturi guard inside the compound was affected and stopped fighting to stand still before all moving to walk to the throne room where they found their former kings and queen bowing on their knees as each one entered and did the same.

This is the scene that Nathen with his group of already de-Stefaned walked into and it practically crushed his soul to see his parents in that state. Everyone he has loved in that state but what really made him furious was the body of his favorite aunt laying on the ground without her head. And there was no head in sight and he couldn't feel her mind. He felt waves of agony hit him before cold rage and the need for revenge came over him. He looked at every single one of the people bowing before these pathetic kings and wiped their minds of every bit of Stefan's control on them. He felt as their minds became their own again, he felt their need for revenge but he felt one over all the others, the women who had killed his aunt. He was about to punish her but he saw something in her mind, Her pain.

Serafina had spent centuries looking for her mate. she wasn't like these newborns she was hundreds of years old. She had been targeted for her gift and all her loyalties stolen from her. But none of that could have compared to looking to the women she had killed and feeling a pull to her, A mate pull. She dropped to the ground and let out a scream so horrendous it had everyone present cringing away. She had killed her own mate, she had done the undoable. She was crushed inside and out and she looked to the two men who had done this to her. She exploded into shadows and jumped onto them tearing their shadows from their body making them crumble to ash before everyone's eyes before she herself cut her own shadow and crumbled to nothing. The pain is too great to possibly fathom. But at least she had taken the evil that had taken her will and made her kill her own mate with her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And there it is, the Romanians are dead. I honestly had no idea this would be how I ended it. I literally came up with the Serafina thing on the spot. I thought it was a good twist though. Hope you guys like it the next few chapters will be after math and epilog. As always happy reading

Disclaimer: I own nothing but my own original characters and plot.