48. Prepareing For The Battle

So it turns out Bella's shield could be used to prevent almost the entire guard from being at risk to Stefan's ability. She couldn't reverse the effects like we thought but at least no one else could be affected. It took her a week of training but she got to the point where she could cover the entire castle. Charlie had also been training harder, he wanted to be able to give more people shields at the same time. So far he has been able to give 10 people shields at one time if he isn't distracted. If he was fighting he could manage five. Not ideal but it could be worse. At least that ensures the children stay safe at the very least.

The kids were all traumatized by the event and even though they know it wasn't Marcus I still see them flinch sometimes when they see him. It's not their fault and Marcus knows that but we can all tell it hurts him. He would never show the kids but I could see it in his eyes and feel it through the bond. The only thing that helps is also seeing the kids give him extra hugs since they know it was hard on him. See angelic demons. I tell you, one second there being the sweetest little things then the next there playing hide daddies and mommies things...their new favorite game...it's sooo fun....it wasn't that bad at first but now they have started hiding things we need on a daily basis, like their fathers cloaks or the volturi crests that we need to wear to rule or there new favorite...my phone.

I would have gone all strict mom if I didn't know that all they wanted was attention. We try and spend as much time as possible with them but we still need to rule and we are in a time of war. I spend most time with them while my mates take most of the ruling responsibilities. I know it's a bit selfish but there are hybrids, they're going to age quickly and I don't want to miss a second. Usually my mates will switch off so they get to spend as much time as possible with them as well but even they understood my need to be with them constantly now. I still ruled occasionally when it was important but I left the little things to them. I have eternity to rule and maybe a year before they are full grown. I hope their ageing slows when they get a bit older.

The kids were also training more since the attack. Before it was a precaution now they truly understand that they are in danger and must prepare for the worst. If you plan for the worst you can only be happy by the result. Octavian has been trying the hardest after the attack. My little man feels like he failed in protecting his siblings when that couldn't be further from the truth. The fact he stood up against two full fledged vampires made us so proud. It took a bit but we did convince him to not wallow in shame and accept what was. He tried his best and that is all he can expect of himself. After, he became determined to make his best much better. At this point he can easily kill at least 8 vampires at a time with lightning. He refuses to be caught off guard again, especially if the price is his siblings' lives.

I was most worried about my little Liliana. She seemed to almost sink into herself after the attack. She would flinch anytime anyone she didn't know came anywhere near her. We had made the twins her main personal guard after that. She trusted her older siblings more than anyone else besides me and my mates. After about 5 days of her being scared of everyone I finally got her to open up and talk to me. She confessed that she was scared since she didn't have an ability that would protect her like her brothers. If she were alone she could be killed easily. I almost killed Rayel and Hayden in rage after that and I was only tempered by the fact they were mind controlled.

After talking with her more I explained how her powers could protect her like no other. She can make friends to protect her, to pass messages, the possibilities are endless. She did perk up when her lion was fully healed and able to be by her side as her loyal protector again. What was interesting was when she was training with fluffy (the lion, cuz I'm naming it fucking fluffy...deal with it) she told fluffy to attack a vampire and the lion was actually able to tear his arm off. We were all shocked, nothing should be able to do that. It had taken some investigating but we figured out Lily had made fluffy stronger. After that she had no worries about not being able to protect herself.

Nathen had been working with Aro to train his ability since his took after his fathers ability so much. It had been very hard for him so far. It seemed the mind control was easier to do in his state of extreme anger. So we are not testing that out again for now. He was able to read thoughts now with concentration. He could also scream in people's heads and incapacitate them that way. That one we found out in the middle of a hissy fit....I will repeat angelic demons. He has tried to control someone's thoughts since then but he hasn't had much luck. We found it slightly weird since he was able to do it to random guards before the attack but we assumed it was from the trauma. Realistically there like what?... 3 months old....they have no idea how to deal with the emotions they are feeling so me and the kings are doing our best to be as understanding as possible without also letting them get away with everything. It's a fine line but I feel we are doing ok so far.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok there it is. Its kinda vague i know but its what came out of my brain so here it is. Plus the next chapters will mainly be fluff since the next big drama will probably be the end battle...probably lol. Happy reading

P.s if i wasn't clear stefens power is to be able to shift people's loyalties to him and whoever he wants. It is not "mind control" but it is close enuf and she knows this but in the moment she just calls it mind control instead. Wanted to make sure that was clear cuz i had her call it mind control a few times.

Disclaimer: i own nothing but my own original characters and plot.