15. Introduction To Castle Living

It was a few days later when I finally pulled myself from my mates to see how Charlie and Bella were doing. As I was walking to their rooms with Jane and Alec trailing behind me on guard duty I thought about the last couple days with my mates. God damn it I love them already they are so sweet and so kind. I...I don't know if I should tell them yet or not. Should I? Eh let's see what happens. As I got to Charlie's room I knocked on the door.

"Hey kiddo, long time no see" he said while giving me a awkward shoulder pat. Pphht so damn Charlie, next thing you know he is gonna give me the awkward sex talk from eclipse. "Yea I did warn you" I said with a shrug. I walked into his room and sat on the couch in the little sitting area while the twins waited outside the closed door to give us some semblance of privacy. "Wow it's nice in here" I said looking around the room. "Yea I think your mates are trying to impress me. You should tell them I like fishing, maybe I'll get a boat" he joked which made me let out a small giggle as well.

            "Well I was talking to them and we decided to have either a house built or maybe a wing refurbished for you and Bella to stay in

            "Well I was talking to them and we decided to have either a house built or maybe a wing refurbished for you and Bella to stay in. We wanted to leave the final choice to you since we didn't know when you would like to be changed, if that's still what you want." I said to him with a reassuring smile.

"Well I think it would be easiest to change when Bella does so that we won't want to kill each other. Whichever would be easier will be fine, I don't know how the whole change works so I will trust your mates judgment on the matter. All I want is Bella to reach 18 before we change...I..I just can't find it within myself to let her die as a teenager...I just can't" he said, turning a bit upset at the end.

"If you want I can ask the twins to come in here and explain it to you but from what I know the change is about 3 days of a burning pain then you come out utterly beautiful with skin like marble, enhanced speed, strength, and senses. Your eyes will be blood red and you will be extremely bloodthirsty, you will be stronger than average vampires for about a year. Some vampires have gifts, extremely strong gifts manifest during your human life like me and Bella, you might have a gift but we won't know what until you change. Once you are changed you will no longer sleep or eat and if you choose to drink from animals your eyes will turn golden like the Cullen- '' when I said the Cullen's he suddenly cut me off. "Wait the Cullen's are vampires? I..I remember you mentioned them but it was all so crazy I just glazed over it. What...what did they do to Bella?" He asked frantically, putting the pieces together rather quickly being a cop and all.

I blinked at him for a second before explaining what happened with Bella and the Cullen's, including what happened to them right before we came to his house. To say he was pissed was an understatement he was murderous, fuckward is lucky he is on dungeon duty for the next few weeks otherwise I'm pretty sure Charlie would have hunted him down, but vampire dungeons are not a good place for humans.

After Charlie walked around the room ranting about the Cullen's for a good 15 minutes I finally had to get him back on track. "Ok I get it Charlie, trust me I don't like them either but let's get back to the matter at hand" I said with a firm tone, but not an unkind one. "Your right I'm sorry I just can't believe what they did, but I'm going to have to move on since there is nothing I can do about it" he said as he sat down in one of the chairs. "Well once you're a newborn you can kick Edwards ass, in the training room at least. And hey, if he gets out of line you can be the one to rip his head off" I said with a smile at the end. Charlie looked so happy at the idea of tearing his head off. I honestly didn't know whether to be concerned or to laugh, I chose laughing.

With the mood considerably lighter I said "once you change you will most likely be offered a position on the guard, you can take it if you want or you can travel after your newborn year, it's up to you but I would start thinking about my options if I were you". He nodded and asked "is there anyone who could tell me what that entails? I know your mates are like the police of vampires so I would definitely consider it. I just want to know what's actually expected of me first" he explained and I couldn't fault his logic. "Of course I will have the kings send someone to explain everything to you, Bella to if she is interested. Would you be willing to talk to her for me, Explain everything I told you? I'm being introduced to the guard today and should probably get going" I explained to him he nodded to me and wished me good luck as I left.

As I started walking down the hall I noticed the twins move to either side of me. "Can you take me to the kings please?" I asked them. "Of course my queen, they are in master Aro's office" Jane answered as she led the way. "Thank you, so what do you guys do for fun around here?" I asked happily while bouncing down the hall. "Uuuhh we don't do many things for fun my queen, there is a game room though and a pool" Alec answered seeming kind of confused at first. "Oh well you can do things for fun with me, I would love to hang out with you both. You have to be with me anyways might as well make it fun" I said with a beaming smile directed at them. Both of them looked a little taken aback but otherwise didn't seem to hate the idea and just nodded at me.

Once we reached a large set of oak doors the twins knocked and then opened one of the doors for me. "Thank you both it was nice chatting with you" I said, sending them a wave as they pulled the door closed behind me. "Hello mi amore we were just talking about the Victoria situation it seems there were a few newborns we left behind, we are about to inform the remaining guard to dispatch of them" Caius said to me as I took a seat onto his lap after kissing the other two's cheeks.

 "Hello mi amore we were just talking about the Victoria situation it seems there were a few newborns we left behind, we are about to inform the remaining guard to dispatch of them" Caius said to me as I took a seat onto his lap after kissing the ...

(Aro's office just with more of a sitting room in the middle)

"Well make sure to keep any ones with powers alive, we can always use more guard members" I said with a shrug. "Oh god, she's another Aro" Marcus joked, throwing his head back with a chuckle while Aro just smiled at me. "Hey there's no reason not to make us stronger, we have no shortage of enemies and we can always use more gifts on the guard" I said with a shrug and a smile directed at Marcus. "I completely agree cara mia, you are already a brilliant queen and it has not even been a week" Aro said while stealing me from Caius's lap and placing me on his own. Caius pouted at that which just made me giggle. "So in other news I talked to Charlie and he definitely wants to change and is even considering becoming a guard member, he did request someone to explain everything to him in more detail though. He also wants to wait till Bella is 18 before either of them make the transition" I told my mates.

"We will have Demitri explain everything to him and Bella tonight" Aro said smiling at the prospect of so many new guard members. "Waiting for Bella's 18th birthday is perfectly reasonable. Did he mention whether he would like a house or a wing of the castle?" Marcus asked me. "He said he would take whatever you all thought was best. I think we should just make them an apartment in the castle for now and then if he wants a house later we can figure that out but so many things are up in the air right now that it would be best keeping them in the castle" I explained. "That was exactly what we had in mind mia regina" Caius said. I just nodded at them and snuggled into Aro while they called the guards stationed in forks and updated Demitri.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being honest this was also kind of a filler chapter but it had some needed coversations in it so whatever lol. Next chapter is going to be a cast part 2 but in a small chapter form kinda thing. I was thinking about how i was going to explain them being originals characters when she knows about vampire diaries but then i remembered it's supposed to be like 2010 or something so that show wouldn't exist yet. So yay an actual logical explanation. Honestly just roll with it please.  Happy reading

Disclaimer: i own nothing but my own original character