44. Healing

My mates had taken Lily and Nathen to the playroom while I sat on the bed with Octavian running my fingers through his hair trying to communicate he was safe now in his unconscious state. Marcus walked in suddenly followed by the doctor. I stood in front of my child protectively not trusting anyone I didn't consider family. I stood up with a growl "if you make a single move I don't like I will tear you apart" I said before stepping to the side to let her work. The doctor immediately nodded at me submissively before rushing to my little prince. Marcus came to my side and wrapped an arm around my waist trying to comfort me after this whole ordeal. God damnit this could have been so bad. They could have been killed. I could have been killed. We had traitors in the higher guard, this was a disaster. We could still have traitors.

As I was thinking about possibilities I watched the doctor like a hawk while she checked over my son. After about 10 minutes she stepped over to us and I was immediately beside my little boy. "He should be awake soon, he seems to already be healing himself. He should be fine physically though there might be some problems mentally given this was a very traumatic event and he is so young" the doctor said to us formally. I nodded and simply waited besides my baby boy so he knew he was safe the second he woke up. Marcus led the doctor out of the room before coming back in and taking a seat on the end of the bed.

As I sat and waited I thought it would be best to at least give some of my ideas to my mate before I would be occupied with Octavian. "I want every single guard member here and Aro to read them all. This was too close we will no longer just trust the guard. I know this may cause some problems but anyone loyal will understand our motives after the kids were almost kidnapped" I said quietly while I watched our son for any sign he was waking up. Marcus immediately nodded at me "we have put the entire castle on lockdown and the twins are gathering the remaining guard members as we speak. Once the children are settled we will meet with every guard member to assess their loyalties. This will never happen again, mi amore, this was much too close for our liking" he said while getting a pained look on his face at the idea of me or the kids in danger.

Our conversation was cut off by Octavian making little grunting noises. "Sshhh baby boy mama's here, you're safe" I said running my fingers through his hair again trying to give him any comfort I could. He seemed to settle a bit but the second his eyes sprung open he was practically flinging himself into my chest sobbing uncontrollable. I held him and said reassuring words and tried to show him he was safe. I had finally gotten him calm enough to take his head from where it was stuck in my shoulder. When his eyes settled onto Marcus he immediately started getting hysterical again and Marcus looked like someone just stabbed him in the gut. "Hey that's just your dad. It's not the bad women who hurt you. Those people are in the dungeons baby" I said bringing him back into my chest hoping my words would do the trick and calm him down. He seemed to understand but still looked at Marcus wearily.

Marcus came closer to us slowly "my boy I will never harm you. I promise I would never hurt you or your mother and I am so proud of you for trying to protect your siblings. It was very brave of you" Marcus said trying to get his son to understand that there was no danger. Octavian slowly inched towards Marcus unsure before practically launching himself at him. I smiled before joining them in the hug and trying to show my baby boy that nothing would ever hurt him again.

After a few minutes Octavian was finally calm "where are sissy and brother mama?" he asked me. "Do you want to go see them?" I asked with a smile standing up to go check in on my other children. He nodded and held his arms up to me. I immediately picked him up before walking to the playroom where my other mates and children were. Marcus opened the door for me and we walked in to see both the kids sitting on the couch while Aro and Caius sat on either side of them. When I walked in they all turned to me and my mates were by my side instantly while the kids sprung up in excitement. "Octavian you're okay!" Lily screamed enthusiastically before jumping up and down as I came to sit with them. Once I was sitting on the couch Nathen and Lily were instantly attached to me and hugging their brother. "Is everything okay cara mia?" Aro asked in concern. "Yes he should be fine. I have a few things I want done but those aren't for the children to hear" I said to him with a nod while giving each of my kids a kiss on the head.

After a few minutes of me and the kids cuddling they were finally ok to be left alone to get some sleep. I had put them into my and my mates' bed since they didn't want to go to their own beds by themselves, they wanted to stay together and we saw no issue with this. It also had the added effect of being closer so we were able to go into our sitting room and talk without having to leave them. I was very paranoid now but it was understandable after what had just happened. Once I closed the door to my room I turned to my mates "we have people to kill" I said with menace and death in my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope u guys like it. Im kinda debating where i go from here. I have an end goal and a couple of things i wanna do but the rest is up in the air. I hope u like whatever i come up with.

Disclaimer: i own nothing but my own original character