41. Betrayed Part 1

It was a few days later when I was sitting in the garden with the kids and the Twins. I had a bench installed under my favorite tree so now it was much more funcional for playing with the kids. I watched the little ones playing with Alec while I chatted with Jane. "I saw you looking after one of the newborns. What is that about?" I said with a teasing smile. She just ducked her head and gave me a little glare. "Oh don't be embarrassed honey, was he your mate?" I asked her with a gentle smile after seeing the embarrassed look on her face. She suddenly had a gentle smile on her face "I think so, I'm not sure. I never thought I would have a mate, I was turned so young" she said getting a sad look on her face. "Everyone has a mate sweetie. And who knows? Maybe you found yours" I said while giving her a side hug.

I saw Marcus walking up to us and I smiled at him. He gave me back a forced smile before looking at the twins. "You are needed in the throne room" he ordered them. They looked at me slightly confused but I just nodded at them. I was concerned, for Marcus to be acting like this it must be bad. As the twins left I glanced at the kids and asked him quietly "what happened?". What the hell is so serious that needs the twins? Why the hell does he look so concerned and nervous? This isn't like Marcus. My concern was growing as I thought over all the possibilities. "Just an important trial cara mia, nothing to be worried about" he said trying to give me a reassuring smile but it wasn't working. did..did he just call me cara mia? My guard was immediately up and I glanced at the kids before giving Marcus a once over to make sure he was ok.

As I looked at him I noticed he was standing strange, almost how he looked before I came. Why is he acting like this? He hasn't called me anything but mi amore since the first month we knew each other. Is it that bad!? No ....no they would tell me the truth if it was that bad. I stepped closer to him in concern before I saw Bella walking up to us from behind him. I smiled at her but she had a confused look on her face as she saw me with Marcus. I could tell Marcus hadn't noticed her yet and I immediately wiped the smile off my face as I saw Bella immediately take a defensive pose. Why does she look like she is about to attack my mate? Why am I not going into beast mode!? Before I even had a second more to think my head was ripped from my body by who I had assumed was Marcus and my world turned black.

Bella had been heading to the garden to take up her guard duty for her adorable nephew. She had a weird feeling that was almost drawing her to the gardens. Almost like a sense something was wrong. As she stepped out into the garden she saw what at first looked like Marcus talking to Lia while the kids played but as she looked closer Marcus started to change into a blonde woman. She had seen this woman before in training and she knew her as Rayel the shapeshifter on the higher guard. During training they had found that while she can keep up the power for a few seconds Bella was always able to see through it. Bella immediately dropped into a defensive pose as she realized the danger. Before she even had a second to react Rayel had torn Lia's head off causing the kids to scream. When Bella tried to move she found her feet stuck to the ground. She couldn't move her feet from this spot and she immediately knew it was Hayden, Rayel's mate who was doing it. She swung her arms around trying to prevent him from surprising her and tearing off her head. "RUN...FIND YOUR FATHERS" Bella screamed to the kids who were terrified huddling behind the tree. They immediately tried to run but found themselves stuck as well. "They can't, now I would stay and chat but we best be going" Hayden said calmly coming up behind Bella. Hayden and Rayel immediately jumped at her and tore her head off before turning to the terrified children.

When the twins walked away they were confused, they were supposed to stay with the children and anything they would be needed for master Marcus should have been a part of. They had no choice when their mother also told them to leave so they walked to the throne room but half way there they suddenly were unable to move. They immediately went on the offensive. "This is Hayden, sister" Alec said. "Yes that much is obvious, we need to get back to mother and the children. If this is Hayden, that very well could have been Rayel" Jane said. She figured it out within a second being the master strategist she is, she also always expects the worst from people so it wasn't a stretch in her mind. They immediately started considering options and had a relatively simple plan within seconds. "We must get to mother and warn the kings. However it takes" Alec said to his sister. They both immediately had resilient looks on their faces before Jane took Alec by the ankles and pulled him from his feet. He flopped onto the ground next to them with two gaping holes dripping venom where his feet were once attached to his body. He proceeded to do the same to her before Jane rushed to the throne room on her knees and Alec rushed out to the Gardens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mwahahah (evil villain laugh) that is right i left it on a cliff hanger...i know im evil. Here is part 1 guys, Yes I said part one. There are three parts to this. I might post part 2 tomorrow if i'm feeling nice lol. It really depends on how much i write in the meantime. Sorry guys but I'm evil. Happy reading

Disclaimer:I own nothing but my own original characters and plot.