50. Bringing The Guard Up To Standards

It took awhile but Nathen finally got back full control of his powers. He needed to conquer his fears before he had full control. It took a month or two but we eventually got all the kids back on track. They no longer feared what could happen. We taught them to prepare for the worst but to hope for the best and they really took to that. The kids now looked about 11-12 and seemed to be slowing down their ageing process. It was kind of confusing but I guess they physically needed to get out of the young child faze where they couldn't protect themselves. Hybrids really are the fucking futer.

Nathen's powers progressed so well he was actually able to reverse the effects of Stefan's powers. Sometimes Chelsea needed to help with the bonds but so far we had reversed almost all the effects on the lower guard. The second they were back to loyal I threw their asses in the training yard till I thought they were up to acceptable standards. I don't fucking care if they are lower guard that shit in the throne room was pitiful. I'm a newborn and I could do better than that. I started supervising training after that since the kids wanted to train anyways I could kill two birds with one stone.

I could now proudly say we kick ass. There was no fucking way they where going to overpower us at this point. Vladimir and Stefan were expecting the old Volturi but they were going to be sadly mistaken because as I have made the volturi less bloodthirsty and corrupt let's be honest here it was. And way more effective. I love my mates but they had gotten way to fucking comfortable. Look at the breaking dawn movies. What the fuck was that shit? The volturi should not have been beaten by that size of a resistance...sure they got lucky with some of the abilities but the whole fucking guard has abilities too and you didn't see any of that shit in the movies. I seriously don't think we saw one other ability besides Jane and Alec trying to use there's. (guys I'm seriously realizing this as I'm writing. Wtf Stephanie!?it was probably the directors but u get it.)

With all the extra training I haven't spent much quality time with my mates which sucks but it is what it is. I'm a full time queen and mother in the middle of a fucking war but mark my words I'm getting another stoner movie night after this shit is all over. My mates were actually very impressed when I showed them the progress of the guard. "Cara mia this is amazing. We have not been up to these standards in centuries" Aro said when he saw my work. I smiled at him "thank you honey, I don't know why they were so pitiful before but I was not letting that slide. Not with the safety of the kids on the line" I said with a bit of a huff. I saw Caius and Marcus nodding "yes carrisma I think you are right. We left the training to the higher guard members in the last few centuries and I believe it was Hayden that was put in charge. I believe that would be why they were so pitiful" Caius said while eyeing the training. He is a warrior, he would know. "Yes we really should have paid more attention. We have relied too heavily on our abilities" Marcus said with an even tone. He was very obviously disappointed in himself and his brothers.

Rayel and Hayden were still a sore spot for me and the kids. They were the only people not cured yet since Nathen hasn't been able to go near them without almost having a panic attack and I couldn't blame him. They tore my head off in front of them then hurt his brother before trying to hurt him and his sister. We had tried a few times but every time it ended with him in near hysterics and me wanting to rip their heads off so we kinda just took the loss on that one until it became less fresh and traumatizing to him.

We had also bought Lily a shit ton more animals. She practically had a zoo now... literally a fucking zoo. We even got her an elephant. The hope was in battle she would be able to crush vampires. After we found out Lily could enhance animals strength we were a lot more willing to get her dangerous animals. They weren't dangerous to her and they were only allowed in the castle if she had full control of them but it gave her a lot of confidence and us a lot of insurance that she would be protected. Plus there so fucking cute.

At this point we were fully prepared for the Romanians and were just waiting for them to make the first move so we could find their location. They had someone with an ability that blocks Demetri so we were flying blind until they attacked. We had a constant shield up around the castle at all times since we had multiple members who had some kind of shield at his point. We didn't love working them so much but even they understood the precaution after the discovery of Stefan's ability. I was taking no fucking risks with my kids in this castle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok guys im ending it there. I don't know if its gonna be a few more fluff chapters or not until the last big fight. Im not going to do a sequel to this book if anything I would rewrite it in a different way. If you guys wanna see any specific fluff chapters i would definitely consider them im kinda out of ideas for right now so bare with me. Happy reading

Disclaimer: i own nothing but my own original characters and plot.