Chapter 5 : In exile with company

After switching to a different VC and proceeding with a journey that lasted 1 and a half Minecraft days, the two boats finally struck land

The place looked like it was in an absolute drought, only one or two trees in sight. It also seemed to not have any animals around, the fish being the only thing that seemed to be living. In the distance you could see a temple, but that was about it. 

"Alright, this seems to be a good spot." Dream hummed, hopping out of the boat he had shared with Tommy.

"Good spot?" The younger spat out. "This is literally a desert, there's nothing here."

"That's good for me, isn't it?" Dream exclaimed cheerfully.

"Yeah, of course it is." Tommy let out an exasperated sigh.

Ray also got off her boat, looking around and almost grimacing at the situation that Tommy had gotten himself in. She knew that the plot would turn things around later, but this just seemed plain unfair.

Dream and Ray stood at the shore as Tommy ran around, looking off into the distance to find anything useful.

He then suddenly stopped, turning to them. "Don't pity me from over there and just fuck off." 

"Oh Tommy, don't be so mad." Dream laughed out. "I got something for you before I go."

He then placed a normal as well as an ender chest, beginning to fill the normal one with items that could come in handy and ones for basic survival. Tommy's eyes lit up as he noticed the obsidian, realizing what he could do.

"You're so dumb Dream." He muttered in laughter.

"Don't get too ahead of yourself." Dream interrupted his happy moment. "I made sure to walk out of the range where the portals will spawn near each other. You will find the way back more difficult if you try through the Nether. 

Tommy let out a scoff, getting pretty annoyed once again.

"Well, this is it for me." Dream began wrapping up, knowing that he has to go back to L'manburg to haunt those in the prison for their own streams. "Good luck Tommy." 

"And Nyx..." He turned to her. "Keep a good eye on him." 

"Wait, Dream, don't tell me she's staying here." Tommy exclaimed in shock.

"Yeah, I figured you'd love some company." 

"You little bast-" The young boy couldn't finish as he was interrupted by Dream's quick 'goodbye', who then used his trident to disappear beyond the horizon.

Tommy let out a harsh exhale as he slowly turned to face Ray, silence ensuing soon after. They made short-lived, but definitely tense minecraft eye contact, before Tommy just simply looked away and opened the chest again.

"Why would I need leather armor, it's trash." He asked gloomily, cringing as he hovered his mouse above it. ""Tommy's only pair of pants"? "Tommy's kindergarten jacket"?" He read out the names of the items.

Then, he read the enchantments on them and paused.

"You're not allowed to get any better armour. That's as good as it gets." Ray explained as she walked up behind him and opened the chest, also reading the enchantments. "You can only get it off if you die."

"That's bullshit." Tommy breathed out.

"Not my problem." Ray added carelessly.

Tommy huffed and rolled his eyes, grabbing the rest of the stuff available and exiting the chest tab.

"Wait, you need to do this." Ray made him pause, before she searched through her inventory and placed down a bed.

Probably for the entertainment of the viewers, Tommy glanced back and forth between her  character and the bed, zooming in on both.

"Set your spawn, Tommy."
"What if I don't want to?"
"You know I can't take no for an answer."
"Who said so?"
"Dream."
"I don't give a shit about what Dream says. All he does is play god."
"Do it or I'll take away your last cannon life."

Tommy exhaled a harsh breath, an annoyed grimace coming up to his face.

"Fine." He muttered, walking over and right clicking on the bed.

After a few seconds of rather awkward silence, Tommy cleared his throat. "So if I cant get armor and weapons here, what am I supposed to do?"

"Dream said you should live a calm, quiet life." Ray recited. "Didn't mention any details."

"You're making this beyond interesting for me." The boy read out robotically, the sarcasm dripping off his tongue like venom.

"I don't know, we can build a house or something?" Ray suggested. She knew that she had to keep the viewers somehow entertained, tho she wasn't really sure how to do that. There wasn't anything happening, unlike in a game of bedwars for example.

"I don't want to build a house." Tommy asserted, and from his voice, Ray knew that he had sat back in his chair.

"Why not?"

"Because that will make it seem like I'm staying here." He muttered angrily, looking over to her. "And I'm not. I'm gonna leave soon enough, when I get stronger."

"Not under my watch." Ray continued speaking, without a care. "Also, what, do you think you're their grand saviour or something?"

"I-" Tommy cut himself off, not knowing how to respond to that.

"You can't do anything. You're in exile, thousands upon thousands of blocks away from everyone else. You have minimal supplies, just enough to keep you alive. You have a guard here set up and make this place inescapable. Stop thinking you're this hero that you're not." Ray spat out the last bit.

Everyone was speechless, Tommy, the chat, even she herself a little.

"Wow that was harsh"
"F"
"Shut the hell up"
*message deleted by moderator*
"Noo :("
"Hell do it and kill you first!"

The viewers had huge backlash, tho most u understood that this was probably just part of the plot.

But it really wasn't. The words had just gotten out for some reason. Maybe it was frustration? Bottled up anger? The need to rant?

Ray had no idea.

Tommy pulsed his lips together, a strange burning hate pulsating in his insides. "Alright then." He spoke flatly, walking off to do something else.

" He spoke flatly, walking off to do something else