Chapter 42 : 'Biggest fan'

George @GeorgeNotFound   2m

George @GeorgeNotFound 2m

Dream Team panel in 10 mins, let's goo!

|

|

|

|

Sapnap @sapnap 2m

LET'S GOOOO

|

|

|

|

Dream @dream 1m

:)

Ray smiled down at the thread, feet moving quickly as she exited the restroom. There was barely any time left until probably the most chaotic panel in Twitch history, and it was still a good 5-minute walk from where she was. On top of that, she still had to wait for the arrival of Tommy, whom she'd agreed to accompany to the panel.

As Ray marched out into the empty corridor still staring at her phone, she barely managed to stop herself from bumping into the figure stood right in front of her. With startled eyes, she looked up from her phone, only to find a much-too-familiar face slyly grinning down at her.

"Hello, NightmareNyx." His unnecessarily husky and dry voice muttered, the stench coming from his unmasked mouth quickly fanning down onto Ray's face.

She was shocked- she hadn't expected to see him again. Yet there he was, with a nearly identical white stained t-shirt, the worn-out jeans and sneakers, and the dirty and dishevelled hair, and the eerie and creepy air around him.

Yes, this was the guy that had come up to take a picture at twitchcon London.

It took Ray a couple of second to collect herself and return to her persona, a small, uncomfortable smile appearing on her masked lips.

"Hey, we met at twithcon London, right? It's great to see you again!" She replied in a cheerful tone, taking a small step backward to get away from the unbearable stench coming from this guy's mouth.

But he did not take to it lightly, and contrasted that with another, even bigger step forward. "You recognized me? I can't believe you recognized me! I am your biggest fan in the whole world, Ray!"

"Oh really?" Ray chuckled uncomfortably. "I'm... glad to hear that!"

"Yeah, and I've been loving all the cosplays! Especially the one you did with the cat ears, you looked so hot." His voice suddenly lowered as he leaned in closer, and Ray felt herself clenching her breath.

The man lowered his face all the way to Ray's ear, and his lips were so close to touching it that the girl felt a shiver running down her spine.

"Next time, you should go for a maid outfit. I'm sure it would look just marvellous on you." He whispered in a low tone.

Almost automatically, Ray attempted to step further back, but this time the man reacted, grabbing her by the arm in a strong, and hard grip.

"Why are you running away, my love? I've waited this entire convention to have a private moment with you, and now that I have it, you're trying to leave? That's not the way to treat a fan."

The fear that consumed Ray was immense. She felt as if her whole body had frozen up, and she was stuck staring back into his vicious eyes. The ear-to-ear grin that he had on his face was unlike anything Ray had seen before, well, maybe unless all the documentaries about serial killers she'd watched.

And that's why she could sense it- this guy was truly dangerous.

But Ray couldn't do absolutely anything about it. Her body wasn't cooperating with her wishes, and her mind even less so, because instead of doing anything, like speaking up, pushing him away, or even screaming, Ray could just stand there, still with fear. She could hear her own heartbeat thumping in her ears, so loudly that she thought her eardrums would explode, and her breathing became so heavy that no matter how much she gasped, no oxygen filled her lungs.

"Oh no, don't be scared Ray. I'm your biggest fan! You know I wouldn't hurt you." He purposefully made his voice gentler. "I just want us to spend some time together and talk?"

At this point Ray could barely even keep her attention on him. Her heart was beating at the speed of light, her breaths were ragged and needy, her knees felt like they would give out- everything was going wrong in the most terrible ways and Ray could do nothing to stop it. It was as if she was locked out behind bars, helplessly watching her situation from her own 2 eyes, but somewhere so far back in her head that she couldn't reach the controls.

"But you know what a true gift from you to me would be, dear Ray?" The man continued, harshly pulling her in by the hand and then switching it to be wrapped around her waist. His other hand then came up beside her face, his fat, greasy fingers twitching awkwardly in excitement. There was a visible euphoria coating his voice and fascial features, his eyelashes batting furiously as he tried to keep it somewhat contained.

"I'd love to see the face of the streamer I've loved for so long."

Even though Ray had barely been able to hear anything he'd been saying to her over the beating of her own heart, she heard that sentence loud and clear. And it certainly woke her up to some extent, but only mentally. Whilst all kinds of alarms started blaring in her head, her body couldn't react with anything other than a slight tremble.

"I'm glad you decided on just a mask and contacts today. Oh, what a lucky man I am." The man laughed out as his hand got into contact with the mask, two of his fingers pinching it lightly.

He looked back up at Ray's eyes, as if in confirmation. "Don't worry, I won't leak your face. I'm honoured to be the only one who will get to see it for hopefully forever. Because I am the only one deserving of it."

And just as he slowly began unmasking the girl, her still standing in his stern grip petrified, there was suddenly a loud yell down the hallway.

"HEY, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!"

Just watched the Night Stalker documentary and it inspired me to write this chapter ig