Chapter 21 : Unnecessary fights

It was yet another bustling afternoon at Carisbrooke college's cafeteria

Not only was the amount of students about thrice the size compared to previous years, but everyone was pushing forward to try to get the best food. And of course, the workers at each booth were clearly picking favorites in the richer, more prosperous teenagers.

The girls' "quiet corner" didn't feel so quiet any more as they struggled to even hear their own voices over the huge commotion all around them.

"I swear to fucking god." Diana growled out, eyes rolling back. "Everyone's acting like fucking monkeys."

"I wouldn't call it that. Rather it's mismanagement from the teachers. They should've spaced out lunch schedules rather than just making everyone eat together." Celine pointed out, looking around the pack full cafeteria.

"No, I agree with Diana. I feel like I'm on a school trip in year 2 to the zoo." Ray clicked her tongue disapprovingly.

"Anyhow, I don't think the lines will die down any time soon. I'll just go get some food now, I'm starving." She made a move to stand up. "Do you guys want anything?"

"You're going to that place again? If so, just the usual." Diana just shrugged.
"Yeah, same for me."

"Alright. I'll be right back." Ray nodded, getting out of her chair and making the brave journey into the worst of crowds.

She could barely hear her own thoughts as she pushed through the many students, muttering small 'excuse me's' along the way. After what felt like forever, she finally stood in the line to the only place that offered good food in the entire cafeteria.

From having to stand there by herself, she couldn't hear but overhear what the people in front of her were talking about.

"So, you're gonna be skipping out on school? Ugh, I wish I could do that."
"Grow your channel more, maybe you'll get the chance to miss school because of conventions too."

Ray's brows furrowed as she drastically looked up. 

That voice? It was so familiar.

"At least I didn't put my reputation to shit and post myself lip-syncing to "That's what I like" just for some views."
"Hey!"

It didn't take her long to figure out just who was standing in the line in front of her, partially shielded from her vision by his two enormously tall friends.

Ray couldn't help but suddenly shrink, desperately not wanting to be noticed by the bunch. All that she needed at that moment was to come face-to-face with Tommy, knowing that he despised her guts both online and in real life.

'Right, how the fuck am I going to explain this to him when twitchcon happens?'
She began thinking, her forehead pulsating just at the thought of it.
'Should I just not go?'