Chapter 30 : Deep talk

according to Wattpad statistics, like 99% of you aren't following me

go on. do it. 🔫

Tommy was sitting out on the balcony, occasionally taking a sip of his coca-cola

Everything was dark: the house, the street, the entirety of London. He felt like a lonesome soul drifting in complete emptiness. But this feeling somehow gave him comfort, allowing him to think freely and do whatever he wanted without being in fear of judgment.

And it was perfect at that moment because he had quite a lot on his mind.

Eventually, the everlasting silence was disturbed by the sound of a glass door sliding open. Tommy turned his head to discover Wilbur coming out of his shared room with Charlie, dressed in a large t-shirt and sweatpants. The elder immediately noticed his presence, sending him a small smile as he shut the door behind him.

"Can't sleep, aye?" Wilbur spoke quietly, walking over towards Tommy and leaning against the railing of the balcony.

"I guess." The other boy muttered, slumping his shoulders even further as his eyes trailed off towards the night-covered horizon.

"Are you feeling down? In all honesty, I am a bit as well. I love having company, but trust me, this is overwhelming for me too." Wilbur laughed breathily, creating a comfortable and light-hearted atmosphere.

"No, it's not that." Tommy retaliated even quieter, feeling himself being a little embarrassed about what bothered him this late into the night.

"Ray, isn't it?"

The young boy's head immediately turned to his friend, a hint of surprise on his face.

"Really? I thought I was gonna be wrong." Wilbur seemed slightly bewildered, but couldn't help his smile. "What, do you regret being so mean to her now that you've met in real life?"

"Shut up, it isn't that at all." Tommy rolled his eyes in agitation, purposefully sipping on his coke in order to not say anything else.

"Oooo~ is she perhaps your type?"
"Wilbur!"

"Okay sorry, sorry, don't be so loud." Wilbur chuckled, clearly trying to keep his voice down.

Tommy sent him a sharp glare, before turning back towards the skyline in an attempt to show that he no longer wanted to speak on the matter.

Wilbur exhaled deeply, also deciding to look forward instead of facing the younger boy.

"You know, I think that Ray feels very happy here. I thought that maybe she'd be more closed off, considering the whole anonymous stuff and that she is the newbie of the group. But she's been talking to everyone and making friends with everyone, and it's not even been a day." Wilbur spoke as if he was in his own world, a smile subconsciously pulling at his lips.

"What do you want me to do about that." Tommy retorted grumpily.

"Why don't you give her a chance? If you're nice to her, I'm sure she'll return it. That's who she is."

"It's not about that." Tommy exhaled in frustration. "Can we just drop the topic, please? It's too late in the morning for me to think straight."

Wilbur side-eyed the other boy carefully but eventually decided to not apply any more pressure. In his eyes, Tommy was dealing with something that he couldn't really help him with. So he chose to not interfere any longer and wait for the younger to ask for guidance himself.

And that of course didn't take long because, after a couple of minutes of silence, Tommy turned towards the other. "Hey, Wilbur?"

"Yeah?"

"What if you find out..." Tommy re-assessed his words over and over again before saying them out loud. "What if you find out that someone's been lying to you?"

"What d'you mean?"
"Like they've just been straight up lying to you for a very long time."

"Hm. I'm not sure." Wilbur hummed, turning to face the stars. "Depends on the situation I mean."

"On the situation?"
"Yeah. What do you mean by lying, like straight up deceiving or just never mentioning the truth because they were never asked?"

The question left Tommy slightly speechless for a hot minute before he actually replied. "The second one."

"Then honestly I wouldn't be very mad." Wilbur shrugged. "That person must've had their reasons for keeping the truth from you Tommy. Or maybe they just never mentioned it because you never brought it up."

"Hey, I never said it was about me. The question was theoretical." Tommy rolled his eyes, yet by avoiding Wilbur's gaze and turning to sip onto his drink revealed his lie easily.

"Sure, let's say it was theoretical." The elder boy smiled. "I'd say in that situation, I'd stop being stuck up and forgive them, or just talk to them about it if it really affected me."

"Whatever, I'm going to sleep." Tommy scoffed lightly, getting a small chuckle from Wilbur in response.

"Good night." Wilbur whispered before Tommy shut the glass door to his room.

" Wilbur whispered before Tommy shut the glass door to his room

new book, go show some love :)))