Chapter 31 : Cat ears

"Oh

"Oh. My. God."

"Do you like it?" Astelic questioned with hopeful eyes.

Ray could only hide her blushing face into her palms, the embarrassment even worse after she had stared at herself for over 5 minutes.

"Why are you making me wear this?" She whined, and despite her voice being extremely muffled, Astelic still began laughing.

"Come on, we'll be matching! Reminds me of our win streak days."
"We only had a win streak for 2 days before you forgot about it and played solos and lost the first game." 
"Okay, but still!" 

Ray glanced up at the mirror again. Astelic had demanded for them to wear matching e-girl outfits because it was 'funny'. And by e-girl outfits, she meant a black long-sleeve crop top with baby pink accents, a wavy skirt with fishnets underneath and shoes with platforms. Ray had a half-up haircut, and worst of all, a set of cat ears was forced onto her head.

Ray turned towards her excited friend, who wore the exact same thing, but with baby blue.

"Do I really have to?" She asked with desperation in her eyes.

"Of course not if you're not comfortable with it, but..." Astelic pouted her lips cutely, walking closer to showcase her puppy eyes. "Pleaseee~ for meee~ this is literally the first time we met in real life, imagine how memorable it will be!"

Ray pulsed her lips together, still heavily conflicted on the matter. Of course her face wouldn't be shown so no big deal, but she still felt weird in this kind of clothing. The shortest thing she'd ever worn was probably her school uniform since she usually stuck with pants.

But she didn't have much time to decide as the door was thrown open, and the two girls inside the room jumped in shock.

"Guys it's ti- OH MY GOD." Niki yelled out, also astonished by the view. She first stared at Astelic, before her gaze slowly moved to Ray. "Oh my god."

"What? Does it look weird?"
"Noooo, you look adorable! You have cat ears!" Niki cooed adoringly, getting closer to touch the ears. "I love this so much, you must go in this!"

"RIGHTTT? That's what I've been saying!" Astelic pitched in, equally as excitedly.

And soon enough, Ray was forced out of the room and they all went down to the front hall to meet up with the rest. Everyone was still rather sleepy considering it was still early in the morning, but the arrival of the girls forced everyone awake.

"WOAAAAA, you guys look so good!" Wilbur was the first to compliment them. "Are those cat ears?"

Ray couldn't help but shove her face into her palms once again, forcing the entire group to burst out into laughter.

"You look great, don't worry!" Tubbo tried to convince her, and the girl just looked up at him with a glare.

"Do you want them?" She asked with raised eyebrows.

"No thanks, I'm good."

Ray rolled her eyes hopelessly, but as she did, she spotted someone staring at her from a bit further away. Tommy.

As soon as they made eye contact he felt an electric shock shooting up through his body. No, Tommy wasn't into e-girls or cat ears, ew. But what's this? Why did he suddenly find it so cute?

He immediately averted his gaze, trying to pretend like nothing happened there. And thankfully Ray didn't question it as she got immersed in a conversation with Astelic once again.

'What the hell. Get a hold of yourself.'

🡆

Arriving at the convention felt... magical. Ray had been riding alongside Ranboo and Purpled, who were both hilarious, and when they arrived they were immediately swarmed by the huge crowd that had come to attend the event. The arrival of the Dream SMP members had been so chaotic that they had to be escorted into the building by security and the crowd had to be broken apart by some of the even staff.

Of course, many people were already off to panels or signed events, but the faceless duo (Ranboo and Ray) pretty much had nothing to do yet so they began walking around. They were stopped by numerous fans on the way, asking to take pictures with Ranboo, and upon finding out who SHE was, they also wanted one with her.

At first, Ray was unsure on how she would react to this kind of situation. But quickly she realized that she loved meeting her fans, loved taking pictures and interacting. Her confidence overall boosted, especially of how many people complimented her outfit and cat ears. It felt incredible.

"You have a mask on, but I can tell you're smiling." Ranboo nudged her in the side playfully, and Ray didn't even try to deny it.

"I'm having so much fun. Can't wait for all the activities and panels I signed up for."
"Same." The boy commented before they began heading for the first panel of the day.

" The boy commented before they began heading for the first panel of the day

never been at a convention so don't judge my depiction of it thx