Chapter 14 : Small act of kindness

Tommy let out an awfully prolonged grunt after finally finishing up all the school work he'd already been assigned

Tommy let out an awfully prolonged grunt after finally finishing up all the school work he'd already been assigned. Throwing his head back and hitting against his comfortable room chair, he decided to take a small minute to just relax and forget all of the information that he had temporarily stored in his brain. 

He wanted to say that his first day at school in the exquisite building went great, but in all honestly, it was just average. He enjoyed the spacious classrooms, unnaturally comfortable chairs and the abnormal amount of food choices that the dining hall provided. But as for the people... well...

"What the actual fuck!? Are you fucking blind??? Did you not see me walking?!"
"I can't believe I have to deal with such stupidity this late in the fucking afternoon. Watch where you're going next time you mother fucking ass hat!"

Honestly that had been the only negative encounter he'd had with a student of that school but it was already such a huge turn-off. Who knew, maybe all of the people there were just like that screaming girl who had clearly bumped into him, not the other way round like she had said.

"What the fuck." He sighed out, slouching into his chair. 

Suddenly, his head cleared up as he remembered that he needed to stream.

Straightening up, he rolled his way closed to the desk and began opening all of the things necessary to conduct his stream. His mood darkened a little upon remembering that today was yet another lore stream, though he felt better remembering that it would be the last one of the week.

As he opened up minecraft, discord and twitch, he immediately noticed the familiar handle in vc-2.

"Fuckface." He instinctively greeted as soon as he entered.

"Hello."

Tommy raised an eyebrow, surprise showing on his face. "No cussing me out today or anything?"

"I'm too tired to even try." The voice responded, and it was clear that she was utterly exhausted.

"Oh uhm alright." The boy uttered a little awkwardly, not used to her voice being so un-hostile towards him.

In silence, he opened up his stream and deafened in discord, doing his usual introduction. As usual, the viewers poured in at an extreme pace, all excitedly greeting him in the chat. Not only that, but subs and primes filled in his notifications, just like the usual.

After a short talk, Tommy logged into the Dream SMP server.

Upon turning around, a confused frown fell upon his face as he noticed the wooden structure right beside him. Turning back to discord and un-deafening, he immediately began asking.

"What is that?"
"Hm?" Ray hummed innocently, running back from the nearby chest. She saw Tommy's character standing next to the stairs, staring at what she had build. "Oh, that's a little surprise for you! It's a small house. I know it's not much, but-"

"I told you. I-"

"I know." She interrupted him. "You don't want to build a house because it will make you feel like you're staying here. That's why I only built a non-permanent shack thing just so you don't have to keep your stuff outside and it can defend you from the mobs and stuff."

Tommy was a little taken aback, surprised by the sudden act of kindness. She even remembered what he had said a few days ago when they first streamed together.

But he still wasn't convinced. He still didn't like her.

"Chat, this is not wholesome. I'll still leave and I'll kill all of you." Despite being flustered, he tried to play it off with his usual character. 

"Sure keep telling yourself that." You could hear Ray's eye roll from her voice. "Now let's move your stuff inside and then we can finish up the roof."

"We? I'm not doing shit with you."
"Oh my god why do you have to be so difficult."
"I'm not difficult, I just don't wanna talk to you. Plus, I have better stuff to do."
"I wonder what that is. Staring at grass?"
"No, being me. It's harder than you would think."
"Ah yes of course. So difficult that you cant even collect wood and build. Good for me then, your builds are ugly anyways."
"MY BUILDS ARE NOT UGLY!"
"Oh yeah? Prove it."

"Just you watch. Give me the wood." Tommy huffed angrily, and Ray wasted no time dropping a stack of jungle wood. She watched with a proud smirk as he made some slabs and build up to the top of the house to fix up the patches in the roof.

'This is going to be harder than I thought.'
The girl thought as she watched him.

'The girl thought as she watched him