Chapter 9 : Happy

Slowly, the sun began setting behind the horizon

Slowly, the sun began setting behind the horizon. Two figures walked barefoot on the sandy beach, enjoying the pleasant breeze that came from the crashing waves. The smell of seafoam and the clean air filled both their lungs as they simply enjoyed the atmosphere.

Since Lani had decided to go back home, they were alone, involved in conversation, just like the last, talking about pointless things whilst watching time fly.

"You know, I was actually really anxious about meeting you." Toby pointed out, making Ray chuckle.

"What, did you think I would be taller than you?"

"No, what the hell?!" The boy exclaimed very defensively, making her burst out into laugher. "I'm just not the most interesting guy and meeting new people isn't my thing. This meetup was really out of my comfort zone."

"Aw, well lucky you, I was the person you were meeting." Ray beamed happily.

"Jesus, you're a narcissist, just like Tommy."

"Just stating facts." The girl rolled her eyes. "But in all honesty, I was scared too. We were both worried about the same thing."

"Great minds do think alike." Toby smiled.

"That's exactly why Tommy is so confident when meeting new people."

The two began hyperventilating because of laughter, having to stop and hunch over to let it all out.

"Dude you just ended him!" Toby exclaimed, happy tears stinging at his eyes.

"No hard feeling though." Ray got up, getting over her laughing fit.

They continued walking on, the sky now becoming a beautiful pink-orange-yellow color as the sun truly began setting.

"Oh, hey, do you wanna take a picture? To commemorate this historic moment of our meetup?" Toby asked, but Ray's face twitched in response.

"Pictures aren't really my thing."

"Oh right, you're anonymous." The boy backtracked a bit whilst thinking, but quickly came up with a solution. "Alright, we can take two. One that we'll keep to ourselves so I don't forget how you look like-"
"Ooooh, did you already fall in love with me prince charming."
"- hush! And the other I can upload to twitter and boast about meeting you in real life and to make Tommy jealous."

"I don't think Tommy would be jealous of you meeting up with me." Ray pointed out.

"No, he will be of course. I'm sure he would love to meet you and to stomp on you with his massive fucking feet."

Toby's humorous remark made the girl again fall into uncontrollable laughter, light-heartedly agreeing to his proposition.

Ray took out her very fancy iPhone, arguing that hers has a better camera, and raised it up for a selfie. Afterwards, the two teens ran around and found an unused table and used a rock to stable the phone onto it.

"Okay, how do we do this without letting your face show." Toby thought out aloud.

"We can sit down backwards. Like, facing the sea i mean." Ray interjected.

"You're boring. I was hoping we could do a 4-armed god statue. You would stand behind me and I would look legendary."

"Oh shut up." The girl rolled her eyes.

Toby snickered as he walked up to the phone, putting on a timer before running back. Ray made sure that she is securely hidden behind him, extending both arms and doing the V symbol.

Afterwards, they both ran up to the phone and looked at their masterpiece.

"We've got the sunset and everything, this picture is so great!" Toby called out excitedly like a little child, leaving Ray to laugh.

"Alright, I'll send it to you." She commented whilst scrolling through her phone.

"The other picture too."
"Sure, sure." The girl rolled her eyes playfully.

They spent a couple of more minutes chatting before Ray's phone buzzed. She looked down, seeing a notification that her uber had arrived.

"Well, I guess I gotta go now. Thanks for the great time, I had a lot of fun." The girl smiled.

"Yeah, same! We should do this again sometime." Toby responded with a wide smile.

"Yeah, for sure."

And with that, Ray waved him goodbye and ran up the sand dune and up to the road. She noticed the car that she was supposed to take, quickly dusting off her feet and sliding on her socks and sneakers before getting in.

As she sat in the back seat, watching the sun completely disappear behind the horizon, she received a twitter notification.

Tubbo @TubboLive 1m
I just met up with @NightmareNyx_ , what have you been doing with your life? Pog!

|Ranboo @RanboosaysstuffYooooo thats so cool!!!|||Vurb @JustVurbTHIS is the collab I never saw coming|||DreamNotFound @smppogstuffyeahOMG OMG OMG THAT PICTURE IS SO GOOD now who has the iPhone??

|
Ranboo @Ranboosaysstuff
Yooooo thats so cool!!!
|
|
|
Vurb @JustVurb
THIS is the collab I never saw coming
|
|
|
DreamNotFound @smppogstuffyeah
OMG OMG OMG THAT PICTURE IS SO GOOD now who has the iPhone??

Ray smiled warmly, liking the tweet and then replying by saying how fun it was, quickly seeing the roaring response.

And as she watched the blackness slowly paint the sky, she felt truly happy.

I've decided that Ray will be literal BFFs with all of the other children on the smp and you can't change my mind

By children I also include Quackity and Karl

:))