Chapter 37 : Everyone is annoying about everything

"Awww, come on, it's so cute!""Get that away from my face, I think I'm going to puke

"Get that away from my face, I think I'm going to puke."

"Stop being in denial Ray, you can't tell me that you two aren't absolute besties." Astelic continued on and on, blinking recessively at her friend.

Ray rolled her eye for the umpteenth time, keeping her ground, although she had no idea how much longer she could defend herself. "I'm not gonna admit to something that isn't true. Every time I see his face I feel like smacking it, and that hasn't changed whatsoever."

"What's this then?" Astelic shoved her phone into the other's face once again, as if she hadn't done that at least 20 times throughout the last 10 minutes.

Ray shut her eyes tightly, not wanting to see it again. Like ever.

What was 'it' you may ask? Probably Raelynn's worst nightmare.

It was a picture of her and Tommy. Both of them were knocked out cold, kicker is, that she had her head laid peacefully on his shoulder, whilst he had his on hers. Bad had taken it sometime during the flight and shared it on the dsmp discord server thinking it was cute, but it became the source of relentless teasing to both parties involved.

Ray hated seeing it so much because it reminded her of when she woke up from said 'sleeping on shoulder' thing.

...

Ray had slowly began re-gaining consciousness. Her mind was still heavily dazed by the couple of hour sleep that she had just gotten, her eyes blinking lazily at the dim light coming from her side.

Honestly, the girl was about to fall right back asleep when she felt the support of her head moving. That's when she was alerted, slowly lifting her head and looking to her side to find Tommy staring right back at her.

Suddenly, the realization kicked in, Ray's eyes widening slowly.

 She had been so overtaken by panic that she had completely forgotten how to speak, and due to the pressure crushing her nerves, her best reaction was to... turn away, hide her face, and pretend that nothing happened.

...

Yup. She had pretended nothing happened. And she wished that everybody else would too, but that seemed to be utterly impossible, because as soon as they had arrived to the hotel, Ray had been swarmed by thousands of questions.

"Think whatever you want, I don't care, but can you stop holding me hostage and let me go to sleep? We have to wake up in 2 hours to go to the convention and I'm exhausted." Ray whined, pushing Astelic's hand away.

"Fine, but I'm not done questioning you miss." The girl warned her.

This time they hadn't found an Airbnb that could fit all of them, therefore they settled for a hotel. They had rented a couple of suites, each containing a salon/kitchen area, 3 two-person bedrooms with a bathroom attached to each. It was actually pretty nice, because they didn't have to figure out their own breakfast and dinner and could also enjoy the many luxuries the hotel provided, such as a swimming pool.

This time Ray had decided to room with someone else, therefore bid Astelic goodbye and they both left their separate ways from where they had met in the hotel lobby.

The living room area was dark when the girl entered the room. As quietly as possible, she made her way to the bedroom to the far right. She tried her best to prevent the door from creaking, but apparently there was no need for that because Tubbo was awake, chilling in bed on his phone. Upon seeing her, his mouth curved into a malicious smile, but Ray raised a finger before he could begin speaking.

"Not a word." She warned, and Tubbo chuckled.

"Aww, I really wanted to talk about you and Tommy cuddling on the plane."
"WE DIDN-" Ray began loudly, before stopping herself and inhaling a sharp breath. "I should've roomed with Ranboo."

"But unfortunately, you didn't." Tubbo smiled slyly. "So I'm going to ask you all about it."

"I'm going to refer you to my assistant to see if they're able to fit you in for tomorrow because apparently everyone wants to ask me all about it."

"C'monnnn~~~~" He continued trying, but this time Ray simply ignored him, grabbing her pajamas out of her luggage and heading for the bathroom.

"I'm gonna take a quick shower." She announced, shutting the door after her and locking it.

Tubbo laid his head back, deciding to get back on his phone before the door to their room was opened and a figure came inside. Jack Manifold decided to jump and sprawl himself out on Ray's bed, tilting his head in the other boy's direction.

"Aren't those two acting a bit weird?" He asked.

"Something is fishy."  Tubbo admitted. "But isn't it just because of the picture?"

"No, Gogy said that they were mad at each other before that."
"When are they not?"
"Gogy said it felt more serious than usual."
"Gogy may have said that but he's an un-trustable man."

"This is Gogy slander." Jack pointed a finger accusingly, and Tubbo snorted.

"Whatever, just leave them be. I'm sure whatever is happening between those two they're gonna figure out. Just mind your own business and go back to your room Jack." The younger shooed him off.

"You're boring." Jack rolled his eyes dramatically, but got up and actually left.

ive been staring at my screen for like 4 hours now writing and my eyes hurt so pls dont judge any mistakes made in this chapter