Chapter 38 : Jealous??? Me???!?!? No.

Ray had thought that London twitchcon had been massive, but it was tiny compared to what the hell they had done in New York

And rightfully so, because despite the venue being so enormous, it was crowded with people. Ray would've genuinely believed someone if they'd told her that there were over 100k people cramped in there. That's more than the capacity of a goddamn football stadium.

Eyes flying in all different direction, Ray barely processed the huge crowd starting to swarm herself and her group, only doing so when she began legitimately bumping into people.

"Oh shi-" She began, stumbling backwards with tiny steps trying to keep herself up. But suddenly she felt a tight grip on her forearm, providing her with the support that she needed to re-establish her balance.

The sudden burst of adrenaline caused everything to seem to pass in slow motion, and Ray turned her head only to find Tommy's face, brows together, focused on keeping her standing.

She didn't even know anymore whether it was the adrenaline that caused her heart to skip a beat.

But despite her short-lived flustered state, Ray finally managed to get a hold of herself and pulled away, awkwardly clearing her throat. That seemed to be the cue for Tommy as well, who took a slight step back, eyes wandering off.

"You alright Ray?" Tubbo asked, also having stopped and observed them.

But before Ray could answer, Tommy had already began speaking.

"Can't you even walk properly?" He exclaimed grumpily.

"I was gonna thank you but never mind. Do you always have to be so salty about everything?" Ray retaliated, voice raising slightly.

But Tommy just muttered a small "whatever" and walked ahead, towards the rest of their group.

And that's when he finally released the breath he'd been subconsciously holding, a hand travelling to his chest because of how clenched it felt, and another to his face to try to figure out whether his cheeks had turned too red. He couldn't believe himself- why was all of this happening to him because of Ray?! Why did such a small thing nearly push him over the edge again?!?

Too many questions, but too little time to answer because the boy felt a hand being thrown over his shoulder. "You aight'?"

"Huh? Yeah. Hi Wilbur." Tommy hurriedly replied, looking up towards the elder.

"Holy shit, you actually don't seem good actually. Your face is so-"

"Fuck off." Tommy immediately interrupted him, shoving him off with a huge eye roll.

And Wilbur could only wonder what had happened this time as the teenage boy sped away.

🡆

"What was that back there?" Tubbo nudged the girl in the side, and Ray let out a long sigh.

"I tripped, he caught me, that's all."

"ooOOOOOoooOOOOOo"

"No. Stop."

"Make me." He winked in the extremely awkward flirtatious way he usually did, causing Ray to almost gag from the cringe.

"You're literally married my guy."

"I'm just kidding,  jeez." Tubbo rolled his eyes, though not particularly in annoyance. "Wait wha- Ray, look!"

Ray followed towards where his finger was pointing, leading towards a figure ahead. He was talking to some fans, signing their notebooks happily and conversating with him.

"It's BoomerNa!" Tubbo pointed out.

"You're right- BOOMER!" Ray yelled out towards him as the two approached the streamer in long strides.

Of course Boomer turned his head, immediately beaming upon noticing Tubbo.

"Tubbo, I finally get to meet you man!" Boomer exclaimed, greeting the latter with a short fist bump. He then shifted his eyes towards Ray. "And this is?"

"NightmareNyx, nice to meet you." She presented herself, receiving an immediate gasp in response.

"Shirt, Ray!? Jesus, you're shorted than I thought you were going to be!" Boomer teased, extending a hand for a handshake. 

"Oh shut u- AH"

Taking the handshake, Ray was surprised as in a quick move Boomer spun her around, then when she had twirled and was losing her balance, he pulled her in for a tight hug.

Ray burst out into shocked laughter, "What the fuck was that?!"

"I'd say I'm a bit of a charmer with the ladies." Boomer winked, and the girl pushed herself away.

"Yeah right."

"Guys, guys, the Illumina speed running panel is starting in 5 minutes, and we're not anywhere near it! Let's go!" Tubbo urged the two, and the little group walked off together whilst involved in conversation.

Yet they hadn't noticed that they had been watched, specifically by Tommy who had been going up the escalator as the entire scene played out. He felt a strange tickling in his chest, something in between anger and confusion as the scene replayed over and over in his head.

No matter how much he reminded himself that him and Boomer were bros, he couldn't help the bitter feeling flooding him.

'What the fuck am I even thinking.'
Tommy sighed, tired of this re-appearing hatred he's been experiencing the past few days.

And then his thoughts drifted to Ray again, for the umpteenth time that day. He thought about having caught her this morning, the way her eyes shimmered when she had looked at him in shock, and the way she visibly beamed under her mask in BoomerNa's embrace.

'TommyInnit, are you jealous?'
'Jealous??? Me?!??! No.'
'Yes you are.'

"Shut up." He voiced aloud, his walk turning into a petty stomp as he walked off towards wherever.

" He voiced aloud, his walk turning into a petty stomp as he walked off towards wherever

um kinda messy but tommy officially likes ray now so thats cute ig