Chapter 44 : Cooling off

Ray barely remembered the panic attack, and the few hours after were hazy as well

Ray barely remembered the panic attack, and the few hours after were hazy as well. All she remembered was returning to the hotel, and getting asked a thousand times over whether she was okay by everyone. She of course appreciated the concern, but she just wanted to forget all about it and move on, the guy had already been banned from the convention for good, there wasn't much more that could be done.

Finally, she had managed to return to her hotel room undisturbed. Tubbo had respected her need for space and had left to go hang out with Ranboo and Jack elsewhere, and the girl had the room to herself.

But for the first time, everything around her felt claustrophobic. Ray had covered herself with pillows and blankets, but nothing could calm the goosebumps all around her body. It felt like whenever she'd turn her head, she'd find the same disgusting face there, and the putrid smell of his decaying teeth was forever embedded in her nose. It all made her want to puke, and she hadn't even eaten anything for a good 8 hours. And after her panic attack, the trauma from it had gotten progressively worse, because despite being severely sleep deprived, Ray could not even shut her eyes for long before feeling the ghost hands around her waist.

It all made her want to cry, scream, and do all kinds of insane things, but her body did not portray these feelings. It looked like a bland shell to a much more violent inside.

Due to having spaced out, at first Ray didn't hear the knock at her door. However, when the knocking became louder, she eventually turned her head.

"Who is it?" She asked cautiously, her voice weak and tired.

"It's Tommy. May I come in?" She heard the muffled voice from the other side of the door.

Ray's cheeks turned a light shade of pink and her eyes fluttered nervously. Sure, it was partially from the embarrassment of having had to be comforted by him in one of the lowest times of her life. But it was mostly because during her numerous hours of thought, the fact that TommyInnit had put his hoodie on her and held her hand so tightly, and she held back. Of course, it had been subconscious, but it couldn't help but make Ray feel shy, which was rather unusual for her.

"C-come in." A million ways of suicide passed through her head at the realization that she'd stuttered.

Tommy complied, opening the door slowly and carefully as he entered the room. Like everyone else, he'd been as cautious as ever with Ray. After all, he'd witnessed how she'd been harassed. However, there was something different to Tommy's behavior from the others. He seemed to be kinder and sweeter in the way he spoke, and it was obvious that this experience hit him heavily as well. Maybe it was the fact that he'd seen the sexual assault happen, or how he had to comfort Ray afterward, but it had taken a big toll on him as well. And despite the fact that no one else noticed, Ray did. And she felt horrible about it.

Tommy cleared his throat awkwardly before speaking. "So, uhm, I came to get my hoodie back."

You'd think that Ray was intelligent enough to realize what she was wearing, but as he said that, the realization hit her that she'd never actually taken off his hoodie. She'd ended up walking around with it on, in front of everyone, and no one said a thing.