Chapter 41 : Weird

"This is so weird

"This is so weird."
"Uh-huh."
"My eyes cannot comprehend this."
"It is ridiculous, just absolutely ridiculous."
"I cannot stress how ridiculous this is."
"I feel like I'm in an alternate universe."
"Is this even possible in any alternate universe?"

Ranboo and Tubbo sat on the couch, curled up beside each other, gossiping like old eastern-European grandmothers. Their eyes were dead set on the sight in front of them- a couch identical to theirs placed opposite theirs. But what interested them was not the couch itself, rather the two figures seated upon it.

TommyInnit and NightmareNyx had been sitting together for about the past hour, so close that their thighs and elbows were brushing. Tommy had one arm raised in front of them, his phone in his hand, and he was sharing one of his headphones with the girl. They had been watching some sidemen videos together, and instead of yelling or ignoring each other like usual, they were getting along. They talked about the video, laughed, and even nudged each other a couple of times. And both Ranboo and Tubbo had been there to witness the entire thing, and they could not believe their eyes.

"Tubbo?!" A panicked voice appeared to their side, and the entire room turned to face Jack Manifold who had just burst in through the door James Bond style. "What's the emergency? It better be something good because I left lunch early for thi- what the fuck." He finally muttered upon having scanned the room and spotting Tommy and Ray on the couch together.

The girl simply rolled her eyes, urging Tommy to un-pause the video, and her face lit up again just as he did so.

"You don't think this is an emergency?" Tubbo asked, trying to keep his voice ushered but miserably failing so.

"No, I most definitely do." Jack responded, walking forward towards Tubbo and Ranboo, but keeping his eyes glued on the other two. "So, uhm, what's with this... development?"

"Dunno, we found them here." Ranboo shrugged, seemingly a bit less bothered by the change than his fellow brits. "Just me thinking that this isn't that shocking?"

"Just you." Jack and Tubbo replied in sync, and they nodded their heads together in approval.

"Alright, I got to go prepare for the next event. The wig won't de-tangle itself." Ray suddenly stood up, taking the earphone out of her ear and looking down at Tommy. "Finish in the evening?"

"Sure." He replied shortly, but in a nice way, and Ray smiled down at him before skipping down to her and Tubbo's shared room.

The main room remained dead silent, 3 pairs of eyes glued on the blonde boy, who grew increasingly unnerved by the second.

Tommy sighed. "What?"

"What do you mean 'What'? We should be asking you that." Jack raised his voice in shock ever so slightly. 

"Since when did you and Ray watch things together?" Ranboo continued with the questioning, his tone sounding disbelieved as ever.

"What happened?" Tubbo exclaimed ever-so dramatically.

"We're chill now, 'aight? It's not that big of a deal."

"Not that big of a deal?! Just wait till Wilbur hears about this and we'll see what's not 'That big of a deal'." Jack took out his phone, causing Tommy to roll his eyes.

"You guys are idiots." He exclaimed. "I'm going to go ready as well, see y'all later."

"Wait, but I still have so many- " *SLAM* "-questions..." Tubbo trailed off as he stared at the now closed wooden door.

🡆

"Awww, isn't that just sweet?"

"Not you too, Wilbur." Tommy groaned out, causing the elder to burst out into laughter.

Somehow they once again found themselves alone at the convention, together, walking in some rather quiet hallway. Of course, Wilbur had used this chance to discuss the gossip that he'd heard from Tubbo, Ranboo and Jack on the way to the convention from their hotel.

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about, Tommy." Wilbur cooed as if he were talking to a baby. "You're maturing, and that's great."

"Yeah, seems like I'm the only one maturing out of all of you, childish fucks." Tommy spat out with an eye roll, but of course Wilbur didn't take it to heart.

"What caused the change in attitude, may I ask?" The elder asked.

Tommy shrugged. "We just talked it out and I guess I don't hate her anymore."

"I don't think you ever hated her, but I get it." Wilbur hummed.

"I did."
"No you didn't."
"How would you know that?"
"Because you never get so petty with people you actually don't like."
"Pfft. As if you'd know."

"You make me wonder whether you yourself even understand yourself sometimes." Wilbur let out a long sigh, and for the umpteenth time that day Tommy rolled his eyes.

Suddenly, he took out his phone and his face very clearly lifted as he read whatever text message he'd received. 

Wilbur raised a curious eyebrow. "Who is it?"

"Ray. We're meeting up for the Dream Team panel. You're coming too, right?"

"Of course. Where is she?"

"In the toilets in the west wing on the first floor." Tommy announced. 

"Alright, let's go."

aight im back

aight im back...

and im back out again baby ;))