24. I love you

SMUT

☕︎☕︎☕︎

☕︎☕︎☕︎

It's February and life has been steady to say the least. We celebrated new years with King's family and it was lots of fun. We played games and watched a movie. Then some of the boys snuck out to go be with their girls.

Aaron, Landon and I were the only ones who had to come back home, but Aaron left once he dropped us off. I ended up falling asleep and that was my new year.

School has been the same too. I usually spend lunch alone unless Landon or Roman force me to sit with their friends. Landon said that Reis was cool with everything between his sister and I. Whenever I sit them, Reis has been nice to me so it's good to see him acting true to his words.

Sebastian and I pretend like we don't exist if I'm ever in a group with him. His friends go along with it too probably because Roman told them to.

Ev passes me dirty looks whenever we pass each other, but I pass them right back to her. Zoya and Jake pretend like I don't exist while Sarah sometimes passes me a sympathetic glance which I ignore. I'm empathetic, but if you're willing to not stand up for yourself even when you know you have the support system to do so, I refuse to be understanding. I mean there's probably more to it, but don't expect me to feel bad for you. All I want is to be kept out of that group and so far, it's been like that.

Life had been quite peaceful and I have no complaints against it.

"Maverick's really good with the baby," Raven says laying on her towel. We're all currently at the beach. All the girls, Raven, Astrid, Cindy and I are tanning while my brothers, King, Ridge and Maverick are by the water playing with Dion.

Because of King, I have one new friend and that is Cindy. We all hung out one day and we just got along. Cindy knows everything Ev did to King and isn't a fan of Ev's either, but she keeps things civil because of her job.

My brothers really like Maverick, Ridge, Cindy and Dion too so everything feels like it was written in the stars.

"Yeah, he tries," Cindy replies lost in her thoughts as she stares at Maverick and their son.

"Do you think it'll turn into anything more than co-parenting?" Astrid questions curiously with her head propped up on her hand.

"No, Maverick's a great dad to Dion and even a good man, but we're better as friends. I like safety and comfort while Maverick likes risks and adventure," Cindy explains.

"Yeah makes sense," Raven agrees. "Jaxson is a lot more mellow whereas I'm just bold. It can get a little difficult to keep up with one another at times, but we just sit down and talk about it. It's mostly Jaxson who initiates it though."