3. Home Sweet Candy

☕︎☕︎☕︎

☕︎☕︎☕︎

"Wakey, wakey!" Roman busts into my room yelling in an unpleasant tone.

"Don't you know not to come into a girls room uninvited?"

"Reese if you were anywhere near a girl, I would but since you're more of a boy stuck in the anatomy of a female, you're disqualified from the race."

"Why are you using such big words and being so irr-itat-ing-ly accurate at seven ay-em in the morning? Did you swallow the dictionary last night?"

"If you think those are big words, you're in the wrong grade and someone shouldn't have gotten past grade five English," Roman retorts.

"Wouldn't have bothered me. Recess, lunch and the classes consist of games and no learning whatsoever? Sign me the fuck up," I say as I sit up, on my bed and brush my hair out of my face.

"And the zombie has resurrected!" Roman exclaims.

"Ugh!" I take my pillow and throw it at him.

"Car is leaving in five!"

"You're joking."

"Nope, Landon's already in the car," Roman yells as he runs out of my room.

"Fuck," I huff as I jump out of bed and rush to get ready.

☕︎☕︎☕︎

"Your brothers are really hot," Eveleigh's friend Zoya says.

"If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that, I'd be a self-made billionaire by now. Imagine me on the cover of Vogue instead of Kylie Jenner," I reply letting out a deep sigh at the end to dramatize my claim. Classes were as boring and difficult as always this morning, but right now is my favourite part of school: lunch, a subject I can actually pass at. I mean it's not a subject, but if eating was a competition, I'd win.

"Then the only thing you'd be missing is a baby daddy and a weather-based name for your child," Philip says. "Jake could probably help you with issue number one."

I look at Jake. His eyes expand through his glasses as his face turns red. Is he choking?

"Leave me out of it, I do not want to be supper to those... things," Jake sophistically speaks.

"I mean my brothers are omnivores. Maybe all those muscles are a reflection of all of my exes that they have devoured," I play along. Jakes' mouth hangs open and the whole table bursts into a fit of laughter. "I'm kidding, they're actually really nice when they want to be."

"Right," Jake lets out an awkward laugh. As the table falls into different conversations I finish my food and zone out.

Everleigh introduced me to her friends only at the start of lunch and it's amazing how fast they have accepted me into their group. There are five of them: Zoya, Sarah, Philip, Jake and Everleigh.