25. In your laugh

☕︎☕︎☕︎

☕︎☕︎☕︎

It's the third week of February and let's just say this month has been a lot so far.

Roman and I's birthday is March seventh while my parents' death anniversary is March second. Grayson and Aaron have been busy planning a service in honour of their memory that's going to be held in Singapore. That means we're all flying back for a couple of days to attend.

The boys have asked us if we want to make a eulogy now since we never did one the first time around. Everyone decided not to except for Jaxson. He said that he'd like to speak this time. Grayson and Aaron will also speak.

We never celebrated Roman and I's birthday last year because of what had happened, but Grayson is adamant about at least cutting a cake this year considering it is our seventeenth birthday. Roman and I talked about it and agreed that it would be okay as long as things were kept small.

I'm almost surprised at how fast time has gone by. It feels like I only heard the news of their passing yesterday and I'm still trying to process it all. The thing is, I haven't allowed myself to think about it much. I don't know if I can handle the truth of the fact that I'm still hurting.

So to avoid it, I've been focusing more on normal activities like school and my relationship. King and I have been great. He's been busier because of football. He gets up at four every morning, practises, goes to school, then goes to after school practise, and then gets home around seven. He'll call or text in between whenever he gets time, but when he gets home, he gets busy with homework and his family. We usually call for about half an hour before he goes to bed at like eleven.

To make sure we get to see each other, we've decided to come up with date ideas for the weekends. This weekend I'm going to see his game against my own school which I'm a little nervous about. I know Roman's on the team and he's probably gonna target King, but I know King will handle it and that it's all just fun and games with them.

Sebastian is also on the football team and that is what terrifies me. King and him haven't interacted in a while and I would like to keep it that way, but I know Sebastian likes to test people's limits especially King's. I haven't voiced my concern to King yet, because I have faith in him to handle any situation that may occur. He has handled Sebastian well all these years so he doesn't need me telling him how to now.

"I'm getting this one," Raven says breaking my train of thought. We're currently at the bakery picking out cakes.

"That's perfect, Jaxson loves confetti cake," I tell her.

"Okay, yay!" she smiles excitedly.

"I'm gonna get this one," I point at the chocolate cake which is lightly frosted. I think frosting is a little too sweet so the less there is, the better I like the cake.