18. All men are toxic

☕︎☕︎☕︎

☕︎☕︎☕︎

It's been a week since Sebastian and I broke up.

It took Sebastian a couple of days to change the caption underneath the picture he posted. I'm happy that he didn't delete the picture because it shows he still respects us and our relationship in a way.

We smile at each other and say hi, but it's nothing more than that. He and Roman don't hang out as much anymore either, but Roman said it doesn't even matter to him and that it's mostly Sebastian acting distant.

We have to respect him though so neither Roman nor I are pressing him on that matter.

I told the girls that I was okay, but they still convinced me to have a girl's night to help me with the breakup. Luckily, Ev has been really nice about the whole thing. She hasn't rubbed it in my face or been rude indirectly.

We're currently in my room. Ev and I are under the blanket while Zoya and Sarah are sitting across from us.

"Reese, you never talk about your past life," Everleigh starts.

I look at her confused. I know what she's trying to get at, but since I want to avoid that talk, I decide to play dumb. I wonder why she's curious about it now?

"This is the only life I've had, Ev," I laugh.

Zoya and Sarah laugh as well.

"Oh my God! You know what I meant!" she groans.

"What do you wanna know?"

"I don't know," she shrugs.

"I think she just means that you never talk about how your life was before you moved here," Zoya better describes.

"Nothing interesting or different from here to be honest," I downplay it.

"You were born in England, right?" Sarah questions as she takes a chip and dips it in the salsa before putting it in her mouth.

"So, you guys have googled me?"

"Maybe..." Ev sheepishly admits.

"Then you guys already know everything. There's nothing else to say."

"Oh, come on! No boyfriends or any friends that you still talk to?" Ev pushes.

"Nope," I shrug.

"So Sebastian is your first boyfriend?"

"Yeah," I lie. I don't like lying. I've lied before multiple times and it didn't lead me to a good place, but this feels like a small white lie. I'm not obligated to share things about my past that aren't going to matter in my future. "What about you guys?"

"Bro, no. Boyfriends, don't even ask. I'm married to my school until my parents get me married to a man," Zoya exaggerates. We all laugh.

"Sarah, what about you?" I ask.