20. Morning, sleeping beasts

☕︎☕︎☕︎

☕︎☕︎☕︎

"Reese... Reese, wake up," I hear King's heavy voice in my ear. His hot breath travels down my neck and my body shivers as goosebumps rise.

"Mm?" I moan tiredly not wanting to wake up. I feel his hand on my arm gently shaking me.

"Reese, you have to wake up," he says a little louder and further from me this time. I frown and turn around under the blanket. I open my eyes hoping to adjust to the brightness, but the room is dimly lit. The street light coming in from the window is the only thing allowing me to see King.

Propped up on his elbow, he's looking at me waiting for me to fully wake up.

I yawn and cover my mouth as I sit up. My fingers run through my hair as I look around the room totally lost.

King sits up crisscrossing to face me.

"Um... what time is it?" I croak.

"It's almost seven," King yawns. My eyes widen looking at him to see if he's joking. My heartbeat rises slowly.

Don't panic.

Reese, don't- fuck, it's too late.

"My brothers are gonna kill me," I speak worried. "Shit, didn't you have to pick up the twins?"

Before King can answer, we hear laughter and people downstairs. It sounds like King's parents have guests over.

"Are there guests over?" My eyebrows furrow.

"Um... here," he says handing me his phone unlocked. I take it and look at the screen which is open to a conversation with his mom. She messaged him asking where he is and why he hasn't picked up the twins. Then she says she talked to Chaquille, her husband, who told her King is with me. It says they called Grayson to see if he knew where we were and he said that my location was at King's house. Since neither King nor I were replying, Grayson offered to pick up the twins which King's mom accepted. It says that she invited my family over for dinner for being so accommodating and considerate.

"Well fuck," I breathe giving King back his phone.

"Yeah, fuck," King sighs leaning his back on the headboard. His hands cover his face in frustration.

"Do you think she's mad?" I ask.

"Probably, but she'll understand," he explains. He brings his hands down after brushing the few loose strands of hair away from his eyes. "How'd you sleep?"

"Like a baby," I admit sheepishly. "What about you?"

"Same. Makes sense as to why we didn't wake up," he concludes. "You know you snore when you sleep?"

"No! I do not!" I gasp facing him.

"Oh, yes you do," he smirks. His eyes twinkle under the ray of light hitting his face.