Chapter 22

"Y/n, y/n"

You open your eyes to see Levi going over your cheek with his thumb. He looked relaxed and happy.

"Good morning Levi"

"good morning, let's go get ready for another day in hell"

You giggled and got up. you stretched with your arms up and Levi put his arms around your stomach and stuck his head in your neck. You put your hand in his hair.

"come on now, let's get going"

Levi moved his head to face yours and kissed your cheek. You ruffled his hair and left the room. You got to your room and got ready. you prepared yourself to see titans, and felt strong and determined. You made your hair in a loose braid, and went to the gear room. Mike was there and some of his squad members. He came up to you.

"morning y/n, ready for another mission?"

"ready as I'll ever be"

You gave him a smile and then you saw Lewis, struggling with his gear. you walked up behind him and helped him attach it. He was stunned but he laughed nervously.

"Thank you commander, sorry again..."

You smiled and pat his head.

"Lewis, stay out of trouble out there, we don't want to lose any of you guys"

He smiled and saluted.

"Of course Commander, don't worry about me!"

You saw the determination in his eyes and smiled. two more squads came in so you left and went outside to the stables. Levi, Erwin and their squads were there preparing their horses. You walked up to them.

"good morning Erwin"

You smiled at Levi as well.

Erwin gave you a slight nod.

"These cadets are pretty strong, I believe they will be capable of protecting themselves, y/n, injuries will be quite common and severe, i trust you."

"Don't worry Erwin, I will give my all to make sure this is a success"

Erwin smiled and Levi sighed. He motioned his eyes to meet him at the corner. He walked and you followed him. He stood in front of the wall and crossed his arms. You smiled.

"Yes Levi?"

He suddenly took your hands.

"don't die"

"I won't"

He kissed your hands and then your forehead. He stayed in the position for a few seconds and pulled back. He looked worried. You rubbed his shoulder and walked to the horses.

This time you'd sit in a wagon as well, but the Levi squad would not be protecting you. Erwin wanted the best soldiers to be around the newest cadets, so you'd have two soldiers from the support team to be with you. You'd be in the formation position that would avoid titans, and you can always fight titans by yourself anyways, you thought. You got into the wagon and everyone was on their horses. Mike and Levi's squads were coming, and Some from the support teams. You made eye contact with Lewis and he looked nervous so you gave him a smile. Even if he might've disrespected you, you really did not want to see him get caught in a titan's mouth, as well as all the other cadets.

Before you knew it, you were outside the wall, and breathed in the fresh air. You looked around and saw the cadets faces, they were all in awe at the sight. Seeing the outside was one of the biggest reasons anyone would join the corps.

"SQUAD FORMATIONS GO"

Erwin yelled, and each squad stayed with a group of cadets to help them fight any titans. A brunette soldier and a blonde one, you couldn't remember their names, stayed beside you while you all followed Erwin.

15 minutes passed.

Then, someone from the far right shot a red signal flare - a titan had been spotted. You kept your eyes on the group, and then saw a titan running towards them. you saw one of the soldiers fly up and slice its nape, and the titan fell to the ground. It was most likely a squad member since the nape was sliced easily. you sighed of relief.

after 10 minutes of peaceful riding, another signal flare went up. You turned and saw 3 people fighting a group of titans - oh no, this wasn't going to be good. You kept watching and the group of soldiers were moving further and further away since you and the support team had to avoid the titans. you turned around and still looked at the titans, until a purple flare went up - an emergency. Erwin noticed and told you to stay behind him.

 As you all got closer you saw the group of cadets wiped out, bodies everywhere. You scanned all the bodies to see if some were alive, then you noticed a soldier groaning in pain, about to be picked up by a titan. The two support team soldiers went after the titan, and Erwin went towards the other squads. You were alone, and watched the soldiers carefully. Suddenly, you saw a red flare near you and when you turned around you saw Lewis and his friend running towards you on their horse with two titans behind them. That meant their squad was either fighting other titans or was wiped out. You saw the support team was still busy trying to save as many soldiers as they could. You decided to take the risk.

"LEWIS LOOK AFTER THE WAGON AND ADVANCE TOWARDS ERWIN"

"COMMANDER WHAT ARE YOU DOING"

"LEAVE THIS TO ME"

you took out two of your blades and shot your hooks onto a nearby tree. You looked below and saw Lewis looking worried, so you gave him a smirk and he ran after the wagon. It was a 10 metre class, you could take it down. You shot towards its shoulders and before it could grab you, you sliced its nape with 2 slices. It came down with a thud and you stood on its head exhausted. You looked ahead and ran on foot, to Lewis.

When you saw Lewis, he was in a titan's hand while another titan devoured his friend. You looked in horror, and without a second thought you shot your hooks onto the titan. This was the most dangerous situation since there were no trees or anything to use. You sliced the nape of the titan holding Lewis, and he fell out and crawled to the wagon. You fell off the titan and when you looked up you saw the titan that ate Lewis's friend, grab you. Shit. You were helpless and afraid. You yelled for help but everyone was too far, until you fell to the ground with the dead titan in front of you. You looked up and saw Levi rushing towards you.

"Y/n, are you okay?"

"Yes I'm fine but we lost the cadets on the right, and almost lost Lewis. His friend got eaten though; I couldn't save him"

"You almost died!"

"Yea, but I didn't, so help me get to Lewis, and the others"

Levi's face was full of worry, but he saw how worried you were for the cadets so you got on his horse and rode towards the others.

"Thank you Levi"

"No, why were you fighting anyways"

"The support team didn't expect the right squad to get wiped out so fast, so they went to help, and so Lewis brought two titans towards me. I sliced one but Lewis got caught by another one ahead, so I took it down but forgot about the third one. I had to fight, or Lewis wouldn't have been alive"

"I see, you did well"

"Levi why weren't you with your squad"

"Lewis told Erwin about your situation and I overheard so I came as fast as possible, luckily I was in time"

He frowned and you both saw the others ahead.