Chapter 8

They all flew off their horses to the trees and started killing off the titans. It was only you, Levi, And Erwin's 3 soldiers. You guys waited for the forest opening to be cleared when there was really loud stomping closeby, it was getting closer and closer when Erwin's two squad members flew to the sound and saw 3 huge titans running. They finished off one, but then got eaten by the other two, Erwin yelled Levi's name, and he got off his horse to finish off the titans. This was your chance, the soldier on the ground was alive, but just missing a leg. You could save him. 

Without a second thought, you jumped off the wagon and went to get the soldier. Erwin noticed and tried to stop you, but you ignored it. You picked up the soldier and headed to your horse when you suddenly lifted off the ground, and got caught, by a titan. Quickly, you dropped the soldier, and luckily he fell into the wagon. You pulled out your blades, and sliced the titan's palm, giving you an exit, and you fell to the ground. Still conscious, you saw your horse run right beside you and hopped on catching up to Erwin and the remaining soldiers. You jumped into the wagon to save the man without his leg. You bandaged him, and then went back on your horse. The forest opening was also cleared. Erwin gave you a nod of satisfaction when you actually expected him to be mad because you didn't follow orders. Levi was back on his horse as well. He caught up to your wagon.

"Oi, what was that all about?"

"I saved the man"

"You could've died"

"I think I know, we all have to take risks, see, he's alive because of me. I'm pretty good with maneuver gear, don't worry"

"Erwin didn't order you to do that"

"He didn't mind"

Levi gave Erwin a glare. Erwin smiled slightly. The Levi squad was waiting at the forest opening.

"Good work, now let's meet Hanji's squad inside," Erwin told them.

You entered the forest, and everyone got off their horses and flew to the base. You went inside, it was like a small tree house. Eld and Gunther brought the injured soldiers inside, and Hanji's squad filled up the base with materials. You wrapped new bandages on the soldiers, and then sat on the floor, to rest a bit. Then, Levi flew in.

"4 soldiers, saved. Pretty good"

"Yea, very exhausting as well"

"Everyone is trying to lure in titans in the traps outside"

"Shouldn't you be there too, they'll need your help"

"I decided to check up on you brat"

You tried to move your arm but a slight pain jolted through you. You flinched in pain.

"Oi, your arm is bleeding"

"Ah shit, must be from the soldier I saved, his blades crushed on to my skin when the titan had us"

You pulled your sleeve up, and there was a huge cut, a gush of blood all over your arm and shoulder.

"Levi, pass me the bandages"

He widened his eyes at the sight and then got the bandages. You ripped your sleeve off, as it was full of blood, and used your cloak to clean the blood. You took the bandages and tried to bandage them, but the thing was your right arm was cut, meaning it was difficult to use your left arm. Levi noticed.

"Let me do it"

He walked over to you and got on his knees, he held your arm and wiped the blood clean with your cloak. He took the bandages and gently wrapped your arm. It hurt like hell. You winced in pain. Levi looked at you with comforting eyes. His hand movements were gentle but precise. You noticed his concentrated face, his eyes looking directly at what he was doing, and his hair flowing down his face. He was relaxed and calm.

"There you go, the cut was pretty deep,"

You looked at your perfectly bandaged arm,

"You're pretty good at this huh"

"Well before you I took care of my own injuries"

"You didn't just go to the nurse?"

"I didn't want to"

"You didn't want people seeing humanity's strongest getting treated huh"

"Well now I have you, don't I"

He smirked, it was small, but it was there.

"You sure do"

Levi went outside to check on the titan capture.  You smiled. He was softer than he looked. The soldiers in the base were needed outside, so you let them go, they were able to move around.

You were alone in the base and were about to drift off the sleep. Suddenly, the base shook, and the wood it was made of started cracking and shaking. The floor beneath you collapsed, and you saw that there was a titan on the base. How did a titan get this high? You had no time to think, you got your gear and shot your hooks to the tree and jumped out of the base, but it was too late. The titan reached with his arm and grabbed you, but again you cut it's palm and then jumped on it's back. Out of breath, with a big force you slit its nape making it collapse. Your first titan kill. As you were busy doing this, the whole base, well the remainder of it, crashed to the ground. 

It happened so fast you couldn't even use your gear. You fell till you hit the ground, but then the large planks of the base fell right with you. All the remains of the base were on the floor, and you were almost crushed by the wood. You got yourself up, since there wasn't so much on top of you and dragged yourself to the bottom of a tree. Nobody was here. They all left. You looked around, but there was no sign of anyone. They forgot. There was no horse in sight, it was probably an emergency retreat. You were hopeless. It was sunset as well, and you even heard a few titans coming your way. This was it.

Suddenly the three titans came closer to you, meeting your gaze. You tried to stand up but your body was in extreme pain. Just when you lost hope, all three titans that were near you, fell to the ground, with their napes sliced, a small figure came running toward you, but you fell unconscious. The last thing you heard was a deep voice,

"y/n, y/n , Y/N WAKE Up"

You opened your eyes, you were on a horse laid against someone. Your vision was blurry but you could tell the raven-haired man was Levi. You were sitting in front of him with your head on his chest. You looked up at his face.

"You're finally awake, but pretty messed up"

You sluggishly smiled. You were alive, thank god Levi came back for you.

You would say something else, but you went unconscious again. All you could hear was Levi muttering "brat" and "idiot".