Chapter 13

You opened your eyes and were in the nurse's room. You looked around to see Hanji and Mike sitting next to you, and Levi leaning against the wall. Hanji noticed you were awake.

"AH y/n, you're awake, you lost so much blood, keeping you alive was almost impossible. You proved your strength again y/n!"

Hanji held your hand and softened her expression.

"I'm really glad you're okay y/n, we all are"

Mike smiled at you. You sat up since it was your arms and legs that were injured. Hanji helped you. You gave them a big smile, and looked down, and sighed.

"y/n, what the hell was all that"

Levi said as he looked up.

Hanji turned around to face Levi.

"Levi, we can talk about that later"

You turned to look at both of them.

"No, I've got some explaining to do. Like seriously, I'm tired of being injured all the time and then getting saved"

Mike laughed.

"It's only been twice"

You sighed. Erwin and Petra entered the room. Erwin stood beside you.

"y/n, how are we doing"

"I'm alive, hah"

Erwin smiled. You frowned and then thought about what happened.

"Well, to sum it up, Aiden was friends with my medical college "bullies" and they hated me so much, and hated that I got such an honorable position. They sent Aiden here to try and capture me, and kill me so they could take my place. I was foolish to go with Aiden, a soldier should watch their guard, I messed up. Levi got hurt because of me and you all had to go through so much trouble. I promise this won't happen again."

Everyone looked at you with sympathetic faces and Hanji squeezed your hand.

"y/n, don't blame yourself, all that matters is that you're okay. Now, please try not to stress, and get well soon."

You smiled at Hanji, and realized the next few days you'll be free, and take time to heal. Great.

Everyone left the room, with Mike patting your head, and Erwin giving a nod of satisfaction. Petra gave you some bread to eat, and Hanji left as well. Levi walked towards the door and closed it. It was just you and him alone.

He sighed, and walked toward you, sitting on the bench beside you. You turned and sat on the bed, with your legs hanging from the edge, and your hands gripping the mattress. Levi stared at you, he probably wanted you to talk about it, and to be honest, you were glad. You could trust him. You let out a sigh and then pulled your shirt from the shoulder, to reveal a big scar. Levi looked at it, and then at you. You started to speak.

"They did this to me, and this isn't the only scar. I was weak, and couldn't fight back, ever. They've almost killed me once as well."

Levi widened his eyes and realized you were talking about Tom and his group.

"It's why I learned to fight, to defend myself. I had no other reason"

Levi looked down to the floor, and then got up and sat beside you on the bed. He put his hand on your shoulder.

"You did well. They're gone now, they can never hurt anyone again"

You looked at Levi, and he was serious but reassuring. He saved you, again.

"You always suspected Aiden didn't you"

"He was always so creepy, and odd, but I didn't expect him to do this. After hearing about how he took you, I knew I was right about him"