Chapter 29

You stepped outside the room and sighed. You wanted Erwin to decide but he would most likely listen to Levi. You knew you could be helpful, and to be honest you wanted to be there on his side. You felt as if he didn't want you beside him, did he think he'd have to watch over you? You mind filled with assumptions and thoughts and you just wanted to get some rest, you were tired in the first place. You went to your room but on the way your eyes did look around to see where Levi was but there was no sight of him. You sat on the edge of your bed and then looked outside the window. You were going to talk to Levi tomorrow, you were curious of what he was thinking while saying all that. Surely he didn't mean that right? Maybe you didn't know him as well as you thought, or maybe you were overthinking about this. He's always been stubborn and straightforward. You out your thoughts aside and lay on your bed pulling the covers on you. You closed your eyes and fell asleep right away.

The next morning, you got ready as usual and went to the mess hall for breakfast. You met with Petra along the way and sat beside her at the table. You listened to her talk about some random memories, but you were more focused on yesterday's situation. Levi and Hange walked in and sat on the table as well. You looked at Levi as he came in but looked away after that. Hange looked at you with a smile and then noticed your dull expression so she frowned. You gave her a fake smile and that satisfied her enough to sit and eat. Erwin also came but instead of sitting, he said he needed to talk to you.

"y/n, may I have a word"

"Uh of course"

You gave Petra a smile and got off your seat and walked behind Erwin to the hallway in front of his office. He looked at you with a serious face.

"I've decided you will come along. You've proven your strength and Independence multiple times and you can be trusted"

You didn't realize you were smiling and then you saluted.

"Thank you Erwin, I'm so grateful for this decision"

Erwin chuckled slightly and dismissed you. As you were walking back you saw Levi walk towards you, and you both made eye contact but Levi didn't look upset, he just had his blank expression on his face. He walked passed you and entered Erwin's office. You stopped walking and a thought entered your mind. You wanted to hear what they were saying. No, that's wrong, very wrong you thought. You were extremely curious, so you decided to go for it. You took a few steps back to Erwin's office. The door was slightly open so you stood beside it making sure you couldn't be seen. You heard Levi's voice.

"Didn't you hear what I said yesterday Erwin?"

"yes I did,  and I've already made my decision. If you're worried about her trust me she's been in worse situations"

"She doesn't know how bad the underground is Erwin, it'll just make everything more difficult"

"Levi, why don't you just convince her to stay? She would listen to you wouldn't she?"

"tch, that brat has every single trait of a perfect soldier, she would never agree to stay"

"was that a compliment Levi?"

"Erwin"

"I think you should trust in her"

"I do, it's just I don't want her to see,,, me,,,, and also, the people underground are disgusting"

"Levi I-"

Levi and Erwin both stopped talking and looked at the door. Shit, did you make a sound?You slowly took steps toward your room making sure you aren't seen. Then you heard Hange's loud voice.

"Y/n!! Why are you walking so weirdly?"

You facepalmed and then Levi and Erwin stepped outside the door. You were beside Erwin's room and they looked at you. Erwin went back inside and closed his door. Levi stood there staring at you and then back at Hange. Hange gave you a nervous laugh and then walked back to the mess hall. So much for being sneaky . You looked at Levi who then took a few steps towards you. You stayed still and then he stared right into your eyes with his straight face.

"You heard everything, correct?"

"Uhm, I didn't mean to I was just walking past and-"

"Whatever, you're not going."

Levi turned around to walk away but you grabbed his sleeve and he looked back at you.

"Why? Levi if you know I'm strong then why can't I come?"

Levi stared at you, and he zoned out for a second. He wanted to deny your request again, but something about your sad expression made him re think. He replied.

"I,, I just-"

You saw him struggling for words, so you pulled him by the arm and hugged him.

"Be honest with me please, even yesterday you didn't complete your sentence"

Levi held you tighter and spoke.

"Follow me"

You pulled away and walked behind him to his office. You both stepped inside and he closed the door behind you. He sat on his chair in front of his desk and motioned his hand for you to sit on the chair that's across him. You sat down and waited for him to speak. He took a quiet , but deep breath and then looked straight at you.

"I've killed"

You did not expect that. What?

"...."

"Y/n, I've killed people before, people like you and me"

You stared at him with a blank expression, you knew what he said, but you still couldn't understand. You shook your head slightly.

"Levi,,, I don't understand"

He took your hands and held them on the desk.

"I've got blood on my hands, I've taken lives before, living in the underground and all"

"Oh, but Levi, why are you telling me this?"

"huh?"

"what?"

"You aren't surprised, disgusted?"

"what- Levi is that why you didn't complete your damn sentences?"

"I just thought you'd see me as a 'bad' person, or be disgusted"

Levi spoke with a blank expression but you knew he felt insecure on the inside, you could tell from his eyes softening. Your hands were still held by him and you smiled.

"Levi, you had a dark past, a past you couldn't control, I know you had no choice, I know you've suffered. You can tell me anything, I would never judge you because I know the person you are today, I know you're a dedicated and strong soldier, and most of all you're human. Don't let your past actions define you, and anyways I know you would never kill for fun. You had to survive that all, you've fought your whole life haven't you Levi?"

You looked deep into his now blue eyes, Levi looked like he needed these words and appreciated them. Maybe he would even cry. Instead Levi let go of your hands and leaned back on his chair. He was signalling you to come to him.

you smiled and got up and stood in front of him. You sat on his thighs wrapping your legs around his waist, and leaning yourself on his chest. He put his arms around you bringing you closer to him. His mouth was close to your ear.

"thank you y/n, thank you"

You smiled and closed your eyes breathing in his scent, which was obviously tea and maybe- mint? You both stayed like that in each other's embrace just enjoying the comfortable silence. Levi needed this and you did too. You couldn't help but think if Levi would let you come along now, maybe he didn't want you seeing him having to kill others, but you seriously didn't mind.

Note: sorry my chapters are kinda short haha i just don't wanna keep everyone waiting so long. Also i know in the past chapters, i wrote "youre shorter than levi"
i apologize, it is a reader x levi and i shouldn't have decided the height. please ignore the statement and don't be sad about being tall, isayama stated levi likes tall people if that makes u feel better :) i myself am taller than levi but idk why i put y/n as shorter, again please ignore it if it's not ur height! also i love ur comments i always look forward to them hehe<3 thank you for reading guys ily