Chapter 6

The next morning.

You wake up and get ready for the day. As you were walking to the mess hall, you sensed someone behind you. They were sniffing you? You turned around, and it was a very tall man, with blonde hair. You were confused.

"Uhhh hello?"

He moved away and smiled. Hanji ran to you.

"Oh, y/n haha looks like you met Mike, uh he has a habit of smelling new people, and he's actually a squad leader! He's second strongest to Levi, and a very trusted soldier!".

"Uhhh hi Mike! Nice to meet you, I'm y/n! The new doctor here to aid you on missions."

Mike spoke.

"Yes, I've heard, I'll be looking forward to working with you y/n."

You and Hanji smiled and waved and left for breakfast. You sat with your squad along with Hanji and Levi and talked. After supervising cadets, it was time to assist Captain.

You knocked on his door.

"Name and business"

"It's me y/n"

"Come in"

You went inside and sat on the seat in front of him.

"Captain, how do you feel today?".

"The same as always."

"Did you sleep after I left yesterday?"

"Y-yes."

"Then you should be feeling more energized, did you drink tea after I left?."

"No"

"Hm, interesting."

You were super suspicious, but let it slide for now, and started the paperwork.

While doing the paperwork, you were trying to think of why your schedule didn't help the Captain. Then, you saw two cups right beside his bed; and 3 of them. If they were from the morning it should only be two. He drank some after you left. You smirked at your observation and decided to ask him again.

"Captain, are you sure you didn't not drink any after I left?"

He looked at you with narrowed eyes.

"Yes, I told you, your "schedule" is flawed"

"Well, I notice you have 3 cups beside your bed, and according to the schedule, you should only have drunk 2 by now, you have anything to say, Captain Levi?" You playfully smirked.

Levi eyed the 3 cups and frowned.

"I couldn't sleep after you left, even if I was free of work, so I drank tea to pass time."

You thought about it. He should be very tired after barely getting sleep, and only drinking half the tea he usually does. What was the problem? You would have to look into this a bit more.

"Hmm, that's weird, but don't worry Captain, I will get to the bottom of this and do my best to make sure there are no obstacles between you and your sleep!".

"Nothing will work, leave it."

"If I can't change anything, I will still try to find the reason."

"You won't be able to."

"Captain you're underestimating me."

"Do whatever you want, it's something you can't change."

"Captain you seem like you know something about why this isn't working..."