Chapter 16

(longer chapter)

The next day.

You got off your bed and stretched. It was a sunny day outside, and you felt happy. You changed into uniform after a quick shower, and let your hair open today. You probably won't be training, as Hanji organized today to go to town. You went to the mess hall for breakfast and saw a very excited Hanji begging Levi for something. You sat beside them.

"Pleaseeee Levi pleaseeee"

"Seriously Hanji"

"Good morning y/n, I'm trying to ask Levi if he could come with us to town"

You were confused.

"Hanji, why does Levi need to come?"

Hanji nervously laughed.

"Well, Erwin doesn't trust me to go alone because of past experiences, so we can only go if Levi comes along since he's the only one who could "discipline" me or whatever Erwin said"

You laughed at this ridiculous situation. Levi rolled his eyes as Hanji kept begging.

"Would you shut up if I agreed"

"Yes yes Levi I promise I won't bother you again"

"That's impossible but fine. I'll come, now shut up"

"Yay! Thank you Levi"

"Tch"

You smiled and Levi looked at you, You covered your mouth to stop yourself from laughing. Levi spoke.

"Oi, be grateful brat, I'm the reason you won't be going to the dinner in your survey corps uniform"

You smiled and gave a sarcastic reply.

"Oh of course, how heroic of you Captain"

Everyone at the table laughed, and Levi rolled his eyes. After you ate, Hanji told you to meet her outside after getting ready. you weren't going to go in our uniform because it would be hard to change into dresses, and also it was basically your time off. Mike and the other squad leaders took over training duties for the day as well. You went into your room and wore a white button-down shirt, with a mustard-colored pleated skirt. It felt nice wearing something other than the uniform, and then you remembered what happened the last time you did.

 You shook off the thought and went outside to see Hanji wearing a grey button-down shirt, and Levi wearing a suit. Of course, typical Levi. He wore his cravat on his neck and basically hung the coat over his shoulders. Hanji handed you your horse, and you all left HQ to head to town. It was midday, meaning a lot of people on the streets, there were children running, people shopping, and salesmen running. You all tied our horses to a nearby place and started walking. Hanji was walking beside you, and Levi followed behind. You looked back at the man and tried not to smile.

"Poor guy, having to go dress shopping with us"

Hanji turned to look at him too and smiled.

"Pfft, he probably likes it, it's barely ever that we go out like this, and he can buy himself something as well"

Hanji pointed to a line of stores on the left of you.

"Here, they have the finest boutiques in this line, and their dresses are amazing! Let's go"

As soon as you were about to enter the store, someone called Hanji from behind. It was Moblit, Hanji's squad member, and basically, her bodyguard that makes sure she doesn't get into trouble.

"Hange, Hange! We have an emergency back at HQ, the titan is showing weird reactions! We need you back now"

Hanji gasped and turned to you.