Chapter 20

The next day.

Today would be extremely busy since tomorrow morning you leave for the expedition. You got up, and looked in the mirror, and smiled. Memories of yesterday flowed through your mind, while you got ready. You put your hair in a bun, with strands out in the front. You were about to leave your room when you saw Levi's cloak was on your desk. You picked it up and decided you'd return it. As you closed your room door behind you, you bumped into Mike.

"Good morning y/n"

"Good morning Mike!"

"Is that Captain Levi's cloak?"

Ah shit.

"Uhh, yea he actually uhh Hanji told me to give it to him since she was busy haha.."

"Ahh I see, I'll see you at breakfast then"

"Yea, I'll be there"

Mike smiled and headed to the mess hall. You turned around to go to Levi's room. You knocked, but there was no reply. The door was unlocked, so you took a peek. Nobody was there. You entered and placed the cloak on his chair. You turned around from his desk, and it was the one and only Levi, standing right behind you. You ruffled his hair and spoke.

"Good morning Levi"

"Good morning y/n, hope you slept well."

He smirked. Ugh, you could never get enough of this man. His hair was slightly wet, cause he just showered. It was messy from when you ruffled it. His eyes were soft and awake. He took your hand and kissed it. You smiled and kissed his cheek, and left the room.

She's going to be the death of me I swear. Levi thought in his head, as he found a smile on his face. He put away his cloak and brushed through his hair.

You sat at a table with Hanji, Erwin, Mike, and squad leader Daz. Levi came as well and sat beside you. Hanji elbowed you from the side lightly, without anyone noticing. You looked at her and she smirked. You rolled your eyes because she was secretly teasing you about Levi.

 Your hand was on the bench seat beside you, and then you felt someone else's hand on yours. You darted your eyes to your hand and saw Levi rested his hand on yours. He sipped his tea while looking at Erwin, but you could see a slight smile on his lips when he lifted the cup to his mouth. This man. Erwin told everyone to meet in his office in an hour, to discuss the formation that we will be taking. Everyone ate, and you tried to remove your hand from Levi's. Instead, he held it tighter. You wanted to look at him, but it would've been suspicious. He lifted his cup to his mouth, to drink his tea, but you knew it was just to hide the smile plastered on his face. Erwin got up and left, so everyone also started getting up, Levi let your hand go, and you got up and went to your room to prepare for tomorrow, and finish the paperwork. You had an hour before Erwin's meeting, so you completed the paperwork. It was time to go to Erwin's office, so you closed your door behind you and saw Hanji behind you.

"Come on, let's go to Erwin"

"Yea let's go"

You both walked beside each other, and Hanji put her hand on her mouth to cover a giggle. You turned to her confused.

"Hanji what's so funny"

"I saw"

"What"

"Shorty holding hands with you during breakfast"

"Huh, how"

"I dropped my spoon, and looked under the table, and saw his hand over yours, hehe"

"Seriously Hanji"