Chapter 7

The next morning.

Your door opened wide.

"Y/N GET UP WE ARE CAPTURING TITANS TODAY YAHOOOOO"

It was Hanji of course, you jolted up and gave her a smile.

" I see someone's excited"

"Yes of course! Thanks to you, Erwin finally agreed to help me capture a titan! We can avoid losses with you, so the success rate for us is high!"

You laughed, and got ready, for some reason you weren't scared. You had many trustworthy people around you and felt safe. Hopefully, there will be minimum of deaths.

You put your hair in a loose braid and put on your uniform. Everyone was in the mess hall. The three squads going on the mission were gathered in the Gear Room. Everyone was quickly putting on their 3DMG. You got yours and swiftly put it on, and everyone headed outside to the stables. Hanji ran to you.

"Y/n, here is your first aid kit which you can attach to your harness, most of the stuff will be on the wagons, but some essentials are in here just in case. Hopefully, it's not too heavy"

You attached it to yourself.

"Thank you Hanji, and no it's not too heavy, and anyways, I won't be fighting, hopefully,"

Hanji and you laughed. Mike ran over to you guys.

"Good luck on the expedition today, I wanted to come but Erwin needed someone here while he was gone, and I am his most trustworthy man"

Mike smirked, and you and Hanji laughed. Hopefully, you get back alive, you want to stay with your friends.

Levi walked towards his horse. Hanji rushed to him.

Did he look more, awake? Did he get more sleep last night? You smiled at the thought.

You also went to your horse and fed it some carrots. You could hear Hanji and Levi's conversation.

"Levi I told you Erwin would agree to my request! Now here we are going to capture a titan! Woohoo!!"

"Four eyes shut it. It's only happening because of the medical brat, be grateful and thank her. Maybe she should help you with your mental insanity"

"Ahh Levi, I did thank her, and also you seem more talkative today, are you excited to capture titans too?!"

"Shut up"

You laughed at their conversation. No matter how well he sleeps, his vocabulary will stay the same, and you didn't mind. You heard his voice.

"Oi, y/n"

"Yes Levi"

He came closer, and whispered, staring right into your eyes, not in anger, but in trust.

"Maybe not mention yesterday, between you and me it stays, good?"

You gave him a soft smile.

"Of course Levi, you can trust me"

"I know, if I didn't trust you, I would've cut off your legs for coming in my room without permission"

You shuddered at the thought and smiled.

"Someone seems talkative today"

"Not you too"

You laughed and he rolled his eyes and walked to Erwin. It was time to leave. Mike patted your head once and said goodbye. He was like an older brother to you. Erwin gave one motivational speech, and then everyone got on their horses, and headed towards the walls. People gathered on the streets, and while some cheered, some gave you dirty looks and whispers. It didn't bother you too much.

Levi called out to you.

"Oi brat"

"Yes?"

"Don't die, that's a command"

You laughed,

"Of course Captain, same to you"

The gates opened, you'd never thought you'd see this day. Erwin yelled.

"ADVANCE!!"

The horses charged. You were placed between Oluo and Gunther beside you, Petra and Eld behind you, and Levi in front of you, Erwin and Hanji's squad were near the front.

You finally passed the gates, the outside world was amazing. The air was crisp and fresh, the sky was big and endless, there were plants, and the whole land covered in grass, and hills in the distance, there were trees everywhere as well. You kept staring. Levi noticed how stunned you were.

Levi's POV

That brat, she looks so amazed, tch reminds me of when I first saw outside the wall. Hopefully, she won't go through the same thing as me, and her first expedition is a success. I trust in her and myself.

End pov

Hanji rode beside Erwin. She started.

"Erwin did you notice Levi today, he looks more awake and spoke a few more words than usual haha!"

"Yes, I was observing, and did you know Mike actually had to wake Levi up? He was fast asleep in the morning! If we didn't have a mission today, I would've never woken up. I know for a fact this is all because of y/n's hard work."

"Yes, and they've gotten pretty close so fast! Levi isn't the type to trust people that easily, I remember it took me half a year to even become friends with him."

"Yes, I like seeing Levi like this"

Hanji's squad went ahead of the group to the forest, where the base was, to set up traps for the titan capture. There were no titans for the first 10 minutes until you heard loud thuds. It had to be a titan.

"15 metre class on the right!". One of the soldiers yelled.

Erwin commanded.

"You two handle the ones over there, they seem to be fast", he told his two soldiers.

They jumped off their horses and flew to the titans. With there being no trees or high places, killing titans with the gear was almost impossible. You saw the titan. It had a huge body, a scary-looking face, and was running pretty fast.

Hanji was beside you.

"There are more titans than usual today, this is bad"

Then, you saw Erwin's two soldiers kill the two titans, but one of them came back holding the other's body.

"y/n, he's still alive, do you think you can save him? The titan almost crushed him" One of the soldiers cried to you.

You nodded and he plopped the body in a wagon. You handed your horse to Petra and sat in the wagon. It looked like the soldier broke one arm. It would hurt, but you could make it so it was temporarily fine. You jolted his arm and bandaged his face, cleaning the blood. It felt nice healing injuries after so long. After a while, the soldier would be able to move and ride his horse as well, but for now, he lay in the wagon. He spoke;

"Thank you y/n, how will I repay you"

You smiled. This is why you became a doctor, the sparkle in the soldier's eyes, you gave him a second chance at life.

"I'm just doing my job"

30 minutes passed. Two soldiers got eaten, but two were saved by you. You saw the soldiers get devoured right in front of your eyes. It was horrifying, all you could think of was your dad. His death was also like this. It was the most terrifying thing you've ever seen. The soldiers here have seen deaths like these many times and still fight. Your respect for all of them grew even more. None of the Levi squad had to fight any titans yet. Then, there was a whole group of maybe 6-7 titans altogether, right in front of the forest opening. Levi shouted.

"Gunther, Oluo Petra and Eld, these trees are perfect for the gear, get rid of those titans"

"Yes sir"