Chapter 30

You lifted your head off Levi's chest and looked at him.

"Does this mean I can come along?"

Levi raised a brow, and half smiled.

"You're never going to give up are you?"

"Of course not, I want to fight side by side with you"

"The people, underground, it's filthy and disgusting. I don't want you being there y/n, you're underestimating the people down there. It's a living shit hole, and everyone does as they please"

"Levi, I know, remember Aiden and his friends? they took me to the underground and I've seen their disgusting faces and actions. I'll be okay"

"but y/n, it's more dangerous being a woman,,,I can't have any of them near you"

You looked into his eyes and they were full of worry and concern. You put on hand on his cheek and held his face.

"Trust me alright? I won't let anyone touch what's yours"

Levi widened his eyes a little and then smiled. Every time he smiled, which was barely, it melted your heart and you could look at it forever. He spoke.

"well good, because if anyone even dared to touch you they'd get a taste of these"

Levi brought his hand and wrapped it around your throat gently, and slightly pressing his fingers on your skin, which stunned you. Levi smirked and saw your stunned face. You let out a giggle but stayed frozen.

"Hmm yea I'd feel bad for that person"

  Levi let go of your neck and kissed your cheek softly. You got off him and stood up in front of him fixing your shirt.

"well then Captain, I better get going"

"so soon?"

"Don't worry Levi, we can spend time a lot of time together on our date in the underground"

"if that's what you want to call it, I can't promise it'll be romantic"

"As long as it's with you, I think it'll be fine"

You turned around to walk out the door but Levi called your name again.

"y/n"

"yes?"

"I- I didn't mean all the things I said at the meeting, I just couldn't make it seem like I was involving personal feelings"

"Oh Levi, it's fine. To be honest I did think of your words for a bit but I know you well, and you would never mean whatever you said"

"good"

Levi looked down at his feet and smiled slightly again, you wanted to just stay in his arms forever. He looked up at you again and you gave him a sarcastic and mocking salute. You waved and left the room, but then you bumped into Hange who was standing right outside the door. She smiled awkwardly and  scratched her head. You crossed your arms and looked at her for an explanation.

"Heyyyy y/n, nice to see you haha..."

"Hanji... were you evesdrop-"

"whaaaat no of course not! And also you guys were extremely quiet not like I heard anything"

"Hmm fine then"

You laughed and linked arms with Hanji to walk back to the courtyard outside. You told her about Levi letting you come along and your determination for this mission.

Before going outside for some training, you confirmed with Erwin about you coming along, and told him Levi's acceptance.

"y/n, did you do some magic on him or something because he strongly disagreed about you coming along"