Chapter 19

The next morning.

You woke up more tired than usual and then went for breakfast.  Erwin had announced another expedition outside the walls. He discussed it with all the squad leaders, including you. This would be the first time that the new recruits would be seeing real titans. Erwin told you to hold off on training and start preparing your medical duties, and he was afraid this time you will have more people to help. You went to Hanji's lab and she gave you some materials to prepare medkits, and you told her all the materials you would need for injuries. Since the last expedition, you now have more knowledge of what injuries usually came up, so you focused on that. Hanji brought all the things to your room, so you could sit and review.

"Thank you Hanji, these will help me a lot"

"No thank YOU y/n, your efforts will help the corps more than you realize! If you need anything to help prepare treatment kits and medicine, please ask me, okay?"

"Of course Hanji, thank you"

"Now you'll be busy doing this for the next few days, I guess we'll have captain grumpy back"

"Seriously Hanji"

"I'm serious, he's been way happier nowadays"

"That's good to hear isn't it"

"It sure is"

Hanji waved and left the room leaving you in a pile of supplies and textbooks. You wrote notes about the past injuries, and materials you might need. You tried to focus, but your mind kept wandering to Levi. Now that you guys knew about each other's feelings, it was hard to think about other things. You let out a sigh and went back to work. 

Erwin came to see if you were okay, and informed you of details about the expedition. You actually had more work than you thought and ended up missing lunch and dinner. It was evening, and your eyes and hands were sore, and you had a headache. Being a survey corps doctor was hard. You had paperwork to do as well. Levi told you that he only had a little bit of paperwork for the next few weeks since most of it was completed. Meaning, you couldn't see him in the evening for that. This is something you feared when you were in college, friends, and romance. You always thought they were distractions, and you were proven right. Half your focus was on your work, and half of it was thinking of how you could go see Levi. He probably knew you were busy and didn't come and see you, or so you hoped that's why. He probably didn't even think of you as much. 

You put down your pen and sat on the floor with papers scattered everywhere, with your head in your hands. You were exhausted, and hungry. You were about to drift off to sleep when someone knocked on your door. You groaned. You didn't feel like talking to anyone.

"Come in..."

The person opened the door and peaked their head inside. It was Levi. He had a tray of food and tea in his hands.

"Oi, did you forget that you're a human that needs food, and not a titan, that doesn't"

"Shut up"

"Someone's grumpy"

"Says you"

"I'm not grumpy"

You rolled your eyes, and he came and set the tray on the table. He sat down beside you, with both of your backs leaning on the bed. You looked at him, while resting your head on your knees, as you pulled them close to your chest. He spoke.

"Someone had a busy day"

"Yea, I could work for two days straight with ease, but after college, the habit fell out. I still got most of the things prepared for the expedition."