Chapter 40

NOTE: I know Levi doesn't find out his surname until like S3 but in this story, let's say he already knows. ty guys for reading, and enjoy :)

Warm and strong arms embraced you as you stepped out of the carriage. It was Hange. You let yourself fall in her arms, feeling so lost and tired. You just wanted to sleep, to rest. You wanted to leave Hange to deal with Levi for a bit. Your heart ached and could not see him like this anymore. She rubbed your back and pulled away to see your face. 

"What happened out there?"

You wiped your face and sniffled. "Let's go inside first."

Hange turned her head to see Levi. "LEVI-"

Levi walked passed her, a grunt escaped from his mouth. "Are you always this loud?"

Hange turned to you with a shock on her face. "Eh?" 

You patted her shoulder and walked into the building, all you wanted was to lie down.

You went through the mess hall and everyone had quiet downed to look towards you and Hange. You ignored the whispers and headed straight for your room. 

You plopped yourself on your bed, tugging your shirts and belts off agressively. You opened your hair and buried your face in your hands. You looked at your hands and they were filthy, just like every other part of you.

"You're the the only dirty thing I like."

You remembered his words, and a unwanted smile crept upon your face. The faster you shared what you witnessed, the faster you would find the issue with him. you got up fast, too fast. You felt dizzy and fell to the ground not being able to hold yourself. You fell against the walll hitting your head on the wood. Luckily, your room was unlocked so someone knocked, then came inside. You heard the familiar voice.

"You okay in there?! I'm coming in."

It was Lewis. Your vision was blurry, but you could see the red hair and the worried face. You let your eyes shut and felt his arms under you.

Lewis was scared, your face was turning yellow and you were sweating. He guessed it was from the infected cuts or dehydration; probably both. You were only in your tank top and pants, but Lewis didn't pay much attention to that. He picked you up and rushed outside the room, towards the infirmary. Levi had caught this scene from the corner of his eye, from the end of the hallway. Something clicked in him and he ran towards Lewis, grabbing his shoulder.

"Give her."

Lewis' eyes widened in fear, and quickly handed you to Levi, who gracefully took you in his arms and rushed to the infirmary. Lewis sped up behind him, still worried about what happened. 

Hange was already at the infirmary, treating Mike's bruise, and they both suddenly got on their feet when they saw Levi rush in.

"Oh my poor girl." Hange helped Levi lay you down on the bed and called the nurse to come assist. Lewis and Mike looked at Levi, who seemed to have zero expression on his face. Mike brushed his fingers through his hair, wondering what had gotten into him. After a few tests, Hange declared that you had extreme dehydration, infected cuts and lack of nutrients. The nurse whispered something in Hange's ear, and Hange sighed.

"What? Is there something else?" Mike spoke.

"No, she's just in a bad state right now." Hange replied.

Hange, Mike and Lewis looked at Levi again. Hange walked up to him and shook him by the shoulders. He had no response. Hange looked at Mike curiously.

"Mike, what happened down there?"