Chapter 18

It was time to leave, so you all said goodbye to the king, and left in the carriage. Your head was hurting a lot, and you figured it was most likely because of the wine. You've never had alcohol before and weren't used to the strong wine they served. You held your head in your hands. Hanji put her hand on your shoulder.

"y/n are you okay?"

"Yea, I think the wine gave me a headache, that's all"

Levi scoffed.

"Tch, a little wine wore you out y/n"

You glared at him.

"Well it was my first time having it"

"I can tell"

You rolled your eyes, and Erwin smiled. Hanji let you put your head on her shoulder, and that helped ease you a bit. You closed your eyes and fell asleep. 

The carriage arrived at HQ. It was late at night, meaning everyone was asleep. Erwin got off, and Levi and Hanji looked at you sleeping, and then at each other. Levi rolled his eyes and picked you up from beside Hanji. He carried you out of the carriage and took you to HQ. He was thankful that everyone was asleep. You opened your eyes and realized Levi was carrying you.

"Hey, you could've woke me up"

He looked down at you, as you tightened your arms around his neck.

"Tch, I saw the chance and took it"

"Shut up"

Levi smirked and pretended to drop you. You tightened your arms around his neck and moved your head closer to his chest.

"Hey what the hell"

"You seemed like you didn't want to be carried"

"Like you'd ever drop me"

"Is that a bet"

Knowing Levi, he'd probably drop you. So you didn't say anything and just smiled. He opened the door to your room and plopped you on your bed. You stood up and faced him. He touched your necklace and looked at you.

"I have good taste huh"

"Mhm"

He put his arms on your shoulders and spoke.

"Meet me on the roof in a bit, you got enough rest already"

Without leaving a chance for you to speak, he left your room. You looked in the mirror at your dress once before taking it off. Your hair was open and messy. You weren't meant to live the posh life, and you were okay with that. You were happy here. You changed into a lavender colored shirt and some grey leggings. You brushed your hair and put it in a ponytail. It felt nice to get out of the dress. You left your room and headed towards the stairs that lead to the roof of the castle-shaped HQ. You got to the top and saw nobody there. You sat on the edge of the wall, with your feet hanging down below. You looked up at the night sky and the moon. Everything looked brighter, and prettier today. You smiled. You heard footsteps behind you and knew it would be Levi. He gracefully sat beside you and looked at the sky. You stared at him, he looked so relaxed. He spoke in a soft voice.

"The last time I sat here, it was with Furlan and Isabel, they were the ones that made me realize how different the surface was from the underground. I thought it was the same. Isabel was so excited to see the outside world, and Furlan always supported her."

Levi kept looking at the stars, as he was talking, and he looked relaxed, but there was still sadness in his features. It hurt you that he got his friends taken away from him. You shifted closer to him, and put your head on his shoulder, and comforted him.