Chapter 10

The next day.

You didn't open your eyes, but you were kind of awake because you heard a conversation.

"Levi, how is y/n doing, you're so kind for letting her stay here! You should embrace this side of you more often!"

"Tch, she's still sore, and her bandages will need to be changed for a while before healing. She's a doctor as well, so we don't need to worry too much."

"Ahh yes of course! At Least she survived her first expedition, most don't"

"She beat up half my squad and you don't think she could survive one expedition"

"Well she almost got crushed by our own base, and then almost bled out by a cut arm, and then was almost eaten by a titan, and then almost ate by another 3 titans, so...."

"How did Erwin not realize she was still in the base"

"It was a very bad situation, nobody could think straight"

"I see"

"Let's go train,, she'll be fine"

"Yea, that brat got a free day, she'll still do my paperwork though, I'm used to having to do only half now"

"Ahh Levi, getting lazy are we, or is it an excuse to-"

"Shut it four eyes"

"Whatever you say shorty"

They left the room. You slowly opened your eyes and looked around. You decided you should probably go to your room now, so you tried to get up. Painfully you did and picked up your dirty uniform that Levi had washed. It was only the boots, and jacket since your shirt and cloak ripped. You got them and walked to your room. It was very loud around HQ since it was time for everyone to wake up, so everyone was getting ready. You put your belongings away, and then sat on your chair. Your bandage on your leg was full of blood, so you tried to change it but your arms weren't strong enough. You gave up and decided Hanji would do it instead.

You were really hungry and decided to go get some breakfast, you could walk to the mess hall, it wasn't that far. You got there and everyone was there eating. Most were staring at you and whispering, but you couldn't care less. Hanji saw you and ran toward you.

"y/n, it's bad for you to put pressure on your leg, I would've brought you food in your room"

"Hanji, I know what my body is capable of, and It was easy for me to walk till here don't worry"

"Oh okay, in that case, come sit with us! All everyone could talk about today was how you managed to survive the disaster yesterday!"

You smiled and followed Hanji. You sat beside her on the table, with Erwin, Levi and Mike.

"Good morning everyone". You said

Erwin gave you a big smile. "Good morning y/n, glad to see you're healing well"

Levi didn't look in your direction at all. Mike got up and sat beside you.

"This is what happens when I don't go on the expedition!"

Mike said and ruffled your hair. You laughed.

"Well, we'll make sure you come next time!"

Mike smiled. "I'm glad your okay, it must have been traumatizing, and painful, the mission was a success, but you on the other hand"

You put your arm on Mike's shoulder and spoke.

"The thing that matters is I'm alive, and I saved 4 soldiers, aanddd we captured a titan! Everything comes with a sacrifice, Mike."