Chapter 2

The next morning.

You woke up bright and early as usual and felt good about your decision. You tried not to think of the titans and blood, but the thoughts would be wandering in your mind now and then. As you set your things in front of the door, your eyes travelled to the old ODM gear beside the staircase. You couldn't let anyone know you had them, since they were to be returned to the corps after the death of a soldier. You hid them and practiced in your huge backyard and a small forest near your house, ever since your dad died. You smiled at the gear and covered it with an old rag. You were going to keep this house locked and empty, you could visit it on your break days if you had any. You realized how big of a job you have, and was up for a challenge.

You heard horses outside and assumed the carriage was here. Someone knocked on the door.

"Hello, we are here to pick up Doctor y/n by Commander Erwin's demand." said the tall brunette soldier.

I gave a smile, "Yes that's me".

"Doctor would you like me to put your belongings in the carriage?"

"Yes, that would be lovely, oh and also call me y/n, just y/n"

"Of course"

He smiled and politely carried your belongings to the carriage.

You sighed as you turned yourself to lock the door of your house.

So this is it huh? You asked yourself. You smiled at the memory of your parents, and locked the door, stepping into the carriage, and drove away, far from your childhood, and the memories with it.

2 hours later

You finally arrived at the Survey Corps HQ. As you stepped out of the carriage, you smiled at the brunette soldier from before, as he opened the door. You were greeted by the one and only Commander Erwin, Captain Levi and another woman, she had brown hair, weird-looking glasses and a huge smile on her face.

"Welcome y/n, to the Survey Corps HQ, Hanji here will direct you to your new room, take your time to settle in, and get familiar with the place. Meet me at my office at 5 pm."

The brunette woman spoke. "HI! I'm Hanji-Zoe! Squad leader and known as the crazy scientist here!".

You noticed the Captain roll his eyes at this.

She held her hand out for you to shake it. You smiled and gladly shook her hand.

"Hello Hanje-Zoe, I'm y/n, the new Doctor that you'll be taking on missions!"

"Oh please, call me Hanji, we're comrades now! And yes I've heard many great things about you y/n, haven't we Levi!"

The captain replied with a simple "Tch. "

He continued.

"Before you get too excited about our very exciting missions, you'll need to train, as a regular training corps."

Damn was he always this cold, you thought.

"Yes, I was told by the Commander, and I believe I will be capable."

Levi was slightly stunned by your confidence, either you had no idea what you were talking about, or maybe you were confident in your abilities.

"y/n-- I mean Doctor y/n, let me escort you to your room!" Hanje said happily.

"Oh call me y/n, just y/n." you said with a smile.

"Oh, okay y/n follow me!"

She motioned you to follow her and you did, as you were walking you noticed the Captain was staring at you, he probably didn't realize that you knew he was staring. "He's a curious man hm". You thought. Hanji started to speak.