Chapter 5

The next morning.

You woke up, not to rays of sunshine, but the sound of rain. It was raining today.

You loved this type of weather, it helped you concentrate on your work when you did your studies. You got up and got ready. Instead of leaving your hair open, you decided to put it into a loose braid, it would be best for training. Well, would they still train in the mud? Of course! They're the survey corps. It has been one day, and you already love your new life. You wore your uniform and went to the mess hall for breakfast. All the squad leaders including Hanji sat at a table, and she waved for you to join.

"Good morning y/n, I see you've changed your hair today, it looks amazing!".

"Thank you Hanji!, I thought it would be easier for training."

"Training? Oh, I'm guessing Erwin didn't tell you."

"Tell me what?"

"Come, let's head to his office after some bites."

You guys ate and talked, and then headed to look for Erwin. While walking Hanji looked over to you and spoke:

"y/n how was the meet with shorty yesterday, was he mean?"

You remembered yesterday and smiled.

"He whined at first, but then agreed with my advice, I'm now going to help him with paperwork."

"What! That's so unexpected of Levi, he's so private and an introvert, he must trust you a lot! Also, how are you going to do the paperwork?"

"Well I am basically a doctor, and medical school and hospitals are full of paperwork, so I think I can handle it- and no, he wasn't mean, his talking style is just.. different".

"Is there anything you can't do y/n! And yes I agree he is a unique man- oh here's Erwin's office."

Hanji knocked on the door.

"Name and business."

"It's me Hanji and y/n"

"Come in"

You both stepped inside and saluted.

"How can I help you two today?'

Hanji started.

"Erwin it seems y/n doesn't know about her new duty, she thinks she'll need to train!"

Erwin looked over to you.

"Oh, I apologize for not informing you y/n. I have decided your skill and leadership will give you a position as a supervisor. You won't technically be a squad leader with your own squad, but instead, you will be a cadet supervisor. While the junior cadets train every day, you will supervise and assist, just like Hanji, Levi and the other leaders. Also, I've decided you will be part of The special ops squad, not as a cadet, but not as a leader. Hmm, you'll be a member and it is their job to protect you on missions."

Hanji tilted her head.

"Erwin I don't think y/n needs anyone to protect her-"

"Yes, y/n your skills are greater than most the soldiers here, but on missions, you will only fight when you are the only person left, we need you to be safe, and you need to be protected while you aid other people, that's why you are now Captain Levi's squad responsibility."

You nodded.

"Erwin, I respect your idea but I don't want to be a burden-"

Erwin smiled.

"y/n your job is the most important out of all of us, you are valuable and everyone here is grateful for you. Everyone knows they need to protect you in return for your help. You will save us from many casualties and losses."